The Senior Accountant, reporting to the Corporate Controller, will be an integral part of the accounting team for Axis Energy Services and its three business service lines of operation. The primary responsibilities may include directing and monitoring accounting operational processes with emphasis on fixed assets accounting, end-to-end procedures, standardized practices and internal controls. Additionally, this role may supervise accounting staff, ensuring timely data and integrity of financial information.
These objectives will be achieved by an experienced, self-directed senior accountant who has solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills in the operational scope of this growing private equity backed oil field services company.
RESPONSIBILITIES and QUALIFICATIONS
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage all fixed asset accounting functions, including asset acquisition/disposal, ensure assets are properly recorded in the appropriate cost center, reconcile asset subledger and annual capex budget.
- Establish and manage fixed asset policies and procedures to safeguard Company assets and monitor and ensure compliance with policies.
- Work with operations to conduct annual fixed asset inventories and review supply inventory counts.
- Ensure financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide reliable information necessary to control operations.
- Perform and manage monthly closing activities and special projects as needed.
- Assist in the year-end close, preparing annual financial statements, annual audit, and compiling required audit schedules and reconciliations.
- Proactive analysis of variances and communication of issues and opportunities to operations management.
- Manages practices and procedures in compliance with GAAP.
- Assist the Controller to plan, organize and direct all the activities of the accounting functions.
- Ensure financial results are reported accurately and timely.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Finance; MBA or relevant professional certification such as CPA or CMA is a plus.
- Minimum five (5) years of accounting experience preferably with fixed asset experience in Oil & Gas oilfield services industry.
- Management experience and experience in public accounting is highly valued.
- Demonstrated financial reporting, accounting principles and data systems analysis.
- Solid experience working with Microsoft Navision is a plus or a large ERP system e.g. Great Plains.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with advanced ability to use Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities, multiple projects, workflow and meet deadlines.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Professional integrity, sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written; attentive listener.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan