Warehouse Selectors work in our 24-hour, 7 days per week Fresh Food/Produce Facility. Selectors are directed by store orders using a voice command head set, and move through the selection area using a battery-operated double pallet jack. The Selector manually picks cartons of various sizes, shapes and weights from numbered slots and places them on a pallet. When the store order is complete, the selector wraps and stages the pallet at a designated dock door.
The Fresh Food Selector’s shift is 8 hours, five days/week. Overtime can be mandatory and voluntary depending on the needs of the business. The Selector has one 15-minute break after the first 3 hours of work and another 15-minute break 3 hours before the end of the shift.
Additionally, Selectors are required to do the following;
- Use safe work practices including safe body mechanics
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Build sturdy pallets to fill store orders with warehouse product and prepare them for shipment to stores.
- Safely operate a pallet jack and other mobile equipment as required.
- Be able to process information from a store order and locate specific storage areas within the warehouse.
- Meet current and future daily/weekly productivity standards
- Be available and support mandatory overtime when required.
Essential Skills :
Essential skills / qualifications .
- Comparable experience in a fast paced warehouse is strongly preferred
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent and be 18 years of age or older
- Must have flexibility to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays; must be available for mandatory overtime as needed.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment testing (Drug, background, physical, lifting test)
- Must be able to see, hear and follow oral instructions through earphones
- Must be able to repetitively lift case product up to 90 lbs and 4ft high in a temperature controlled warehouse ; Indoor temperature ranges 35 – 50 degrees Fahrenheit
- Must be able to repetitively walk and/or stand on concrete eight to sixteen hours per day
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma