- Time Management
- Driver's License
This position requires an individual that is capable of the following:
- Troubleshooting quickly under pressure
- Creating and Maintaining documents and tracking logs
- Conducting preventative maintenance
- Enhancing the overall activities for conference rooms and shared spaces technology equipment and systems.
This position requires partnering with internal stakeholders such as facilities management to assemble materials, time estimates and deadlines for projects. Must be able to determine equipment quantities, and labor to complete installation according to expectations and monitor break/fix completion and accuracy. This position will work closely with internal Service Desk teams to support Tier 1, Real Time Collaboration, Conference Centers and Events Teams.
Candidate will serve with leadership and provide constant passion and drive within the team.
Candidate will assist Engineers in coordination of technical support for events and departmental operations. Provide technical support to client before, during and after events. Serve as technical consultant to client and staff with regard to technical needs.
- Set up, repair and upgrade AV equipment throughout large corporate campus and sales sites.
- Provide customer service and specific AV assistance to customers including AV troubleshooting and operational assistance
- Act as subject matter expert in technical support field
- Provide efficiency recommendations when immediate problems arise
- Provide in depth Break/Fix AV maintenance
- Maintain pooled equipment inventory for on and off site project support
- Maintain robust maintenance logs
- Assist in maintenance and repair of AV equipment through third party vendor relationships
- Provide timely and descriptive reports of equipment malfunction
- Provide timely and descriptive reports of equipment repair, mitigation and work arounds
- Input data for metrics tracking including daily work ticketing system
- Serve as contact between customers, vendors & internal staff for day-to-day event operations.
- Work with Service Desk to communicate room requirements & changes as they arise.
- Provide statistics and track services provided.
- Create and maintain conference rooms database containing specifications, digital images, room directions (print & electronic versions), audio visual capabilities, standard room set up and peripheral inventory.
- Inspect and maintain appearance/functionality of conference rooms for quality assurance and also responsible for facilitating work order escalations.
- Monitor room usage
- Assist with storing deliveries and equipment.
- Communicate daily with Service Desk to ensure all needs are being met.
- Foster working relationships with all service related vendors. (internal and External)
- Suggest equipment to management to enhance efficiencies.
- Provide support to clients and staff in diagnosis and resolution of AV-related problems
- Risk Reporting
- Innovation Reporting
- Give direction to other hourly staff in execution of their duties according to established standards
- Research and recommend new equipment purchases
- Advise staff in event planning with regard to appropriate equipment use
- Assist the Manager in inventory maintenance and the technical coordination of events
- Ensure appropriate paperwork flow and work assignment
- Establish new process and guidelines for maintaining support
- Training and Mentoring of operations staff
Preventative Maintenance and Repair
- Diagnose equipment failure and expedite repairs as needed
- Coordinate and track service of inventory through repair vendors (RMA process)
- Maintain service history of inventory
- Must display passion for problem solving and issue resolution
- Strong Attention to Detail and Accuracy
- Multitask Oriented
- Process Management
- Strategic Planning
- Excellent Verbal and Written Skills
- Ability to Function in a Fast Paced Deadline Oriented Environment
- Professional Demeanor
- Ability to Adapt Quickly to a Changing Environment and Flexible WorkloadIndependent, Self- Motivated Worker
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Strong Basic Math Skills
- MTA in OS and Networking or equivalent
- Independent decision making
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Audio Visual Degree
- CTS / DM Certified Preferred
- Experience loading code for
- Crestron processors
- Crestron DM
- Digital Signal Processors
- IP Phones
- Windows, Office, Lync/Skype for Business
- Network (TCP/IP) Experience
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills
- AV software applications
- PC software functions
- Networking interfaces
- Valid State Drivers License
- 3 Year AV Industry Experience Preferred | 2+ years in supporting technician role
- Hospitality Industry Experience Preferred
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, tasks, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to modify essential functions of the job, or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technical developments)
Job Type: Full-time
- Audio Visual Technical Support: 3 years (Required)