Serve as a member of the Public Affairs (PA) staff applying data science, publicly available information (PAI) research, and social media techniques to develop informational reports and assessments through analysis of data, open source or PAI queries, and alerts to discern patterns and derive meaning of the digital information environment. Develop objectives, measures of effectiveness, and measures of performance to assess the impact of PA activity across command lines of effort. Interpret results independently using a variety of techniques and tools and collaborate widely across the information-related capabilities community and command staff to produce timely and relevant products in support of command requests for information (RFIs). Collaborate with component command IO, PA, and project staff and external stakeholders to identify tactics, techniques, and procedures to enhance DoD capabilities and support the development of data visualization.
- 5+ years of experience with operational assessment
- Experience with developing analytic methodologies, metrics, and decision criteria
- Experience with leveraging scientific methods to inform qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Experience with using automated statistical packages to support analysis projects
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Access at a highly proficient level
- Experience with preparing and presenting senior leadership briefings
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time required
- TS/SCI clearance
- BS degree in Data Science, ORSA, Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics required
- 8+ years of experience with working in the DoD as military, civilian, or contractor in a Joint or combined HQ, major command, or higher headquarters
- 2+ years of experience with military public affairs
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- MA or MS degree in Data Science, ORSA, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Communication, Public Relations, or International Relations
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status—to fearlessly drive change.