Intake Coordinator MedAssist USA
As an Intake Coordinator, you will have duties ranging from verification of insurance, calling patients to explain medassist, and answer any questions they may have. You will assist patients with scheduling appointments for an initial visit with our staff doctor. This candidate must be personable, compassionate, and respectful of sensitive medical information. This position reports to the Intake Supervisor.
General Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Verification of insurance for all intakes, whether in an online portal or calling insurance companies to find out patients benefits.
- Schedule appointments for initial visits with medical staff, ensuring all patients attend the visits and if not, calling to reschedule.
- Works well under pressure, is adaptable to heavy call volume and quick problem-solving.
- Detail-oriented, seeing patients’ appointments get met throughout the entire procurement process including logistics to ensure customer satisfaction. Outstanding communication with patients from beginning to end.
- Must be able to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Well-versed in computer skills & office equipment.
- Superb customer service.
- Reliable & dependable.
- Medical/health service experience (highly preferred).
Perks & Benefits:
- Schedule is Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
- Paid time off (upon completion of introductory period).
- Professional development.
- Work recognition program.
- Close employee-supervisor relationship.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What is your first available start date?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Explaining Services to Patients: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Remote