TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
The BTS & Product Support Director will lead the design, implementation, delivery and leadership of TriNet’s Tier I Helpdesk and Tier II Support processes/solutions and teams. In addition, this leader will apply expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving highly complex business/technical issues within established policies; maintain accountability for a large multi-team area distributed across multiple on-shore and off-shore locations with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy; act as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall ITSM/ITIL policies and long-term goals for the organization; and collaborate and partner with cross-functional Technology and Business teams.
Moreover, the BTS & Product Support Director is responsible for coordinating the efforts of the Tier I Helpdesk and Tier II Support teams. This leader will assist the Helpdesk Team with troubleshooting and problem resolution needed to close their assigned cases. The Helpdesk Manager serve as the escalation point for critical Tier I and II issues, ensure a properly resourced and trained Staff, and regularly mentor and coach Tier I and II Managers and employees. The BTS & Product Support Director will define metrics to measure and improve the production and operations of the Tier I and II Support teams and the support they provide, while working with the team to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities needed to reduce the number of cases being logged and drive case management efficiencies as TriNet continues to grow.
Finally, the BTS & Product Support Director will plan, manage, and monitor high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members' primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. This leader will also recruit and manage the activities, development, and growth of direct staff members (primarily exempt colleagues) and serve as the escalation point for key issues within the BTS & Product Support teams.
- Manage and execute Support-related activities, projects and commitments as well as the day-to-day operations across TriNet’s production and development environments.
- Manage departmental resourcing, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing a high-performing support team.
- Work closely with architects and developers to ensure the best technical solutions are designed with supportability in mind by being a hands-on technical support leader
- Work closely with Program Managers and other stakeholders to develop Support project plans, and participate in resource planning
- Develop, evaluate, and implement improved processes, methods and tools to continually improve software delivery and support effectiveness.
- Report on status of quality, operations, support, and system performance to management.
- Enforce company IT standards and policies, including Compliance and SOX-related controls
- Demonstrate thought leadership and communicate well with various stakeholders, managers, and team members.
- Work closely with the Quality Engineering team to ensure comprehensive test coverage, regression testing, effective performance and load testing, timely resolution of issues, and other actions to ensure high quality solutions are production ready.
- Conduct regular one-on-ones with direct reports as well as regular Staff meetings
- Lead Talent Management, Career Development, and Performance Management processes for direct reports
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science/Engineering, or related discipline with 10 years of software design & development and/or support experience and 5 years of leadership experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 10+ years of enterprise application support design and management experience.
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience (leading software support teams)
- Working knowledge of enterprise platforms and applications (i.e. SFDC, PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Experience managing large geographically-distributed teams
- Proven experience in presenting and reporting to direct and executive management
- Experience with Agile and other industry standard development methodologies
- Certified HDI Support Center Supervisor or Certified HDI Desktop Support Supervisor. ITSM/ITIL Foundations, LSS Certifications, or PMP desired.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills including the ability to successfully execute on multiple processes and/or projects
- Ability to relate to, and effectively communicate professionally with, all levels of resources (i.e. Senior Management, colleagues, contingent workers, off-shore, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively across TriNet’s Technology and Business cross-functional groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet aggressive deadlines
- End-to-End, holistic, strategic thinker
- Process oriented focus, but flexible around business needs
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- Day-to-day development and people management and communication
- Standard schedule, but additional time may be required to complete assignments
- Some travel required (Quarterly or every other month)
- Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact a company manager, a company officer or a TriNet HR representative to request such an accommodation.