Plant Quality Manager - Dallas, TX - Dairy Product Manufacturing - SQF - Excellent Salary, Benefits and relocation assistance
This opportunity is with one of our finest client companies. We have placed many people with this firm over the years
who have found an unexcelled career opportunity here. Continuous expansion, another new plant opened
recently, very much in demand traditional food products!
GENERAL DESCRIPTION of the Quality Manager position:
The Plant Quality Manager oversees all Quality Assurance and Food Safety functions including laboratory practices, raw material
quality, supplier scorecards, consumer complaints, and all regulatory compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
This position reports to the Plant Manager and directs professional quality positions as well as staff laboratory technicians. This role
is also responsible for leading the Quality Pillar within the Plant Leadership Team in support of Continuous Improvement. The
Quality Manager also has a dotted line relationship with the Director of Innovation and Technical Services as well as partnerships with
the Technical Services group and our in-house Research and Development Team.
The major responsibility of this position is to ensure the manufacturing facility operates within quality assurance
requirements as related to production, manufacture, processing, transport, storage, distribution, and supply of raw
materials/ingredients used to manufacture finished product. We have Food Quality and Food Safety Systems in
place to ensure the company supplies safe, quality food while defining the methods used to comply with customer and regulatory
requirements and continually improving upon the food safety and quality management system. The Quality Manager assures that all
products produced at the manufacturing location meet food safety and food quality specifications and are suitable for release to
PRINCIPAL DUTIES of the Quality Manager position:
Management and Leadership
- Managerial responsibility includes ensuring production quality at the facility
- Manage Quality Department budgets, including requisition approval and reconciliation
- Provide oversight, manage and develop quality documentation for the facility and products
- Serve as the site's legal point of contact for all quality-related government regulatory affairs
- Development of Quality team members through training programs (new hire and ongoing)
- Liaison between Marketing, Production, Technical Services, and Product Development
Systems and Methodologies
- Provide investigative support and respond to Consumer Complaints processes
- Develop and enhance quality programs that support company beliefs (Pure & Clean)
- Drive continuous improvement of the quality programs through learning and education
- Responsible for the integration of Quality systems with other high performance work systems
- Oversee quality methodologies, systems coordination, and Statistical Process Control
- Maintain and implement HACCP, HACQP, FSMA and Food Defense plans
- SQF Practitioner, responsible for annual verification-validation of SQF system requirements
- Supervise the work of Quality Technicians, ensuring their qualification to conduct testing
- Manage outside services, pest control, 3rd party lab testing, and lab equipment maintenance
- Maintain the hold/release database system for Finished Goods and Raw Material holds
- Support business and plant initiatives, guarantying compliance to all quality requirements
- Provide technical support and guidance for existing and new product development
- B.S degree minimum in Food Science, Dairy Science, or technical equivalent (Food Microbiology, Chemistry, etc).
- Five to ten years of QA/QC Industry experience practicing Quality Systems Management at a fluid-based food manufacturing facility.
- Excellent management, planning, organizational, and the formal writing skills to work on technical journals and policy
- Formal education (including short courses) on GMP, SQF, TQM & HACCP, 6-sigma, or other continuous improvement
Apply today for immediate consideration!