Student Storytellers will create and curate student-centered content in accordance with the social media strategies of the English Language Institute (ELI). This content will provide a “day in the life” style feel and engage with current and prospective students. Storytellers would be required to attend some on-campus events, take photos and shoot video, engage with students, and get quotes for sharing on all of the ELI’s social channels including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube accounts.
Storytellers would also be expected to assist in various ELI social media campaigns and respond to social media queries.
- Answer a wide variety of questions related to the department’s procedures and other general questions (training will be provided)
- Attend campus events to obtain photos and shoot video
- Engage with students
- Share original content on all of the English Language Institute (ELI) at Pace University’s social channels including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube accounts
- Assist in various social media campaigns
- Respond to social media inquiries and comments
- Perform other such duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- Minimum 1-year commitment
- Able to fulfill position functions during University holiday breaks, including Summer, Winter, and Spring breaks
- Media & Communication Arts or Social Media and Mobile Marketing majors preferred
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop and similar image editing software
- Active in student clubs, organizations, and activities on campus
- In-depth practical knowledge of, and ability to use, apps for social posting
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat, YouTube, Flickr, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Exact schedule to be determined by supervisor; no more than 6 hours per week, including Summer, Winter, and Spring breaks
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number Stu00661P
Job Open Date 09/12/2019
Job Close Date 09/22/2019
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicant
- Include Fall 2019 course schedule and availability with application
- An example of creative ability, as related to the position, will be required at the time of interview
About the Institution
Pace University has a proud history of preparing its diverse student body for a lifetime of professional success as a result of its unique program that combines rigorous academics and real-world experiences. Pace is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides.
From its beginnings as an accounting school in 1906, Pace has grown to three campuses, enrolling 13,000 students in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in more than 150 majors and programs, across a range of disciplines: arts, sciences, business, health care, technology, law, education, and more. The university also has one of the most competitive performing arts programs in the country. Pace has a signature, newly renovated campus in New York City, located in the heart of vibrant Lower Manhattan, next to Wall Street and City Hall, and two campuses in Westchester County, New York: a 200-acre picturesque Pleasantville Campus and a Law School in White Plains.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which can be accessed here. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.