Do you see yourself as a Food & Beverage Manager? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or just reading a good book, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
An icon of refined Manhattan elegance since 1926, the InterContinental New York Barclay re-opened in spring 2016, following an extensive renovation as the city’s luxury hotel of choice. Located off Park Avenue in midtown east, The Barclay features 702 beautifully-designed guestrooms with 30 suites, an opulent Presidential Suite and Penthouse Sky Suite with 1,500 feet of outdoor space and Chrysler Building views. The hotel boasts 20,000 square feet of meeting space and two large ballrooms for New York’s most memorable weddings, benefits, and galas. The Barclay offers a Club InterContinental®. It's Gin bar and lounge with light dining, is a dynamic social hub in the hotel’s expansive lobby. The “new” Barclay' embraces the hotel's distinctive legacy, while modernizing every detail.
Your day to day
Manage food and beverage operations to ensure quality service and standards while delivering a guest experience that is unique. Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations concerning health, safety, or other requirements.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage, and labour costs.
- In partnership with the catering office, identify additional sales opportunities to enhance revenue. Drive promotions that deliver great dining experiences for guests at a good value.
- Ensure all credit and financial transactions are handled in a secure manner.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained on quality and service standards, has the necessary tools and equipment, and is empowered to carry out job duties.
- Ensure all food and beverage equipment are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all food and beverage facilities including banquet/convention space are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume. Notify engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Manage local food and beverage marketing programmes for the hotel; participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programmes and promotions. Monitor local competitors and industry trends. Review and approve menu design and concepts with Executive Chef.
- Conduct proper food and beverage inventory procedures. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, beverage, material, and equipment.
- Ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment, and replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimising waste.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
This is the top food and beverage job in a full-service hotel. Supervises a large number of team members in one or two food and beverage outlets, kitchens, and may include banquet facilities that cater to 500 people or less. May oversee one or more subordinate managers or supervisors.
What we need from you
Qualifications and requirements
Some college and/or advanced training in food and beverage management plus 2 years of related experience, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification in Hotel Management, culinary arts, or related field preferred. Must speak local language. Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card, as required by local law.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Restaurant Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Hotel: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement