PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Analyst is a part of a key team of Technology professionals that helps Duluth Trading Company grow by improving technology and process and ensuring effective use of applications and systems. Through research and interaction, this position assesses priorities of internal and external customers. The Analyst will collect relevant information and data about new or existing solutions then analyze, review, document, and communicate business needs, requirements, and impacts on work processes.
What You’ll Love:
What You’ll Do:
- Being a part of an innovation-driven organization that is growing fast, and taking care of business through catalog, web and retail stores.
- Working on a team that makes retail workwear for customers who are smart, straight-talking folks who do everything from pounding nails to shoeing horses and pitching bales.
- POKING AVERAGE IN THE EYE!
As a Business Process Analyst:
- Combines full understanding of concepts, theories and principles with business insights
- Integrates and applies elements of other disciplines to solve problems
- Works independently on whole projects and problems
- Makes decisions which influence and impact the success of owned projects and/or efforts
- Determines root cause and resolves moderately complex problems
- Identifies trends that warrant immediate attention
Discipline Specific Competencies
- Drives process improvement effort with an understanding of complex operational problems and solutions in relation to current and future business needs
- Uses understanding of Duluth Trading Company’s needs to identify improvement opportunities proactively and develop innovative solutions for complex processes in demanding business situations
- Understands upstream and downstream impacts.
- Understands how different processes interact (Big Picture)
- Leads transition meeting with change management
- Identifies metrics to aid in measuring success of process improvement
- Reports status, milestones and risks
- Creates ToBe/theoretical processes definition
- Drives collection and documentation of business requirements, user stories and tech specs for complex, high impact efforts
- Translates business requirements to functional and technical requirements for complex, high impact efforts
- Partners with stakeholders to manage expectations, resolve issues and review status
- Applies in depth knowledge of applications to complete simple to moderately complex configuration of application components.
- Applies in depth knowledge of applications to drive resolution of cross-application troubleshooting or problem-solving across teams and systems
- Defines minimum features and user acceptance for high risk, high impact solutions
- Writes test plans and acceptance criteria; conducts user acceptance testing and feature validation; provides tactical troubleshooting
- Engages in design and impact assessment for high-risk solutions
- Contributes to planning and implementation of new applications and systems
- Monitors performance against goals and recommends enhancements for underperforming areas
- Works to ensure application availability
- Works with engineers to create recommendations when designing new systems capabilities
- This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned
- Clarifies problems and identifies options and solutions by breaking down large issues or processes into component parts
- Considers options and addresses each with a logical approach
- Creates plan of action based on data from sources inside and outside immediate area
- Mentors and coaches other analysts
- Conveys detailed problem/solution/design analysis to junior analysts
- Converts data into business tools; designs and owns dashboards and tracking reports that present data concisely and meaningfully for large activities
- Provides data that can be used for trending and forecasting.
- Works to identify validity of quantitative and qualitative data
- Differentiates between fact and projections
- Applies risk analysis to reporting
- Assists in creating summary overviews of detailed analyses for review by key customers
- Interprets information from several data sources to generate new insights
Plans and Organizes
- Sets expectations regarding process and customer-focused outcomes, navigating changes that arise and escalating issues appropriately
- Considers stakeholders’ interests relative to customer needs
- Uses judgment to involve other senior team members when navigating difficult stakeholder issues
- Assists in planning implementation of a major activity; sets and negotiates realistic targets
- Helps to set and negotiate realistic targets with stakeholders for large activities
- Organizes several large projects or activities running concurrently
- Helps identify critical milestones, potential risks and options within operational plan
- Contributes to contingency plans; maintains focus on key objectives for self
What We’re Looking for:
- Provides amazing experiences to both internal and external customers by seeing the big picture, understanding needs and tying them to results, and driving value
- Demonstrates a positive mindset, high levels of character and integrity, and a keen awareness of continuous improvement
- Understands how team efforts are aligned with organizational objectives and priorities
- Advises and collaborates with others to develop strong, positive working relationships across all levels of the organization to drive success of projects and efforts
- Offers creative, innovative, data-based solutions by focusing on forward progress and creativity, even when working through complex, often competing needs
- Adjusts positively to quickly-changing priorities and shifting goals
- Listens to and embraces ideas and insights from others to find better solutions
Critical Experience Gained
- 3+ years business systems analyst experience
- BA/BS degree or suitable work experience as a business systems analyst
Who We Are:
- Coaching and developing others
- Demonstrating leadership competencies
- Expertise in identifying root cause through analysis
- Strong understanding of Duluth Trading Company Technology teams and processes
- Understanding of business operations and how they relate to customer support
We are a “no bull” brand that started in 1989 and we provide apparel and other gear for hardworking men and women. Favorites such as our Ballroom® Jeans featuring “crouch without the ouch," Buck Naked™ Underwear and our Longtail T® Shirts that hide “plumber’s butt” reflect our attitude.
The heart of Duluth Trading’s success is creating one-of-a-kind men’s and women’s clothing, innovative tools and ingenious gadgets while being humorous story tellers. The talented people we seek want to be proud of where they work, have a commitment to do things better and be part of a retail, web and catalog apparel company that knows where it’s going.
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job. Duluth Trading Company is an equal opportunity employer.