Penn Medicine is looking for an Innovation Associate in our Center for Digital Health!
The Penn Medicine Center for Health Care Innovation spans the University of Pennsylvania Health System and the Perelman School of Medicine and aims to advance their missions through the disciplined creation, evaluation, and implementation of change.
The Center for Digital Health Innovation Associate oversees and supports projects related to the value of information and knowledge gained from social media applications as it pertains to health care quality and outcomes. The Innovation Associate collaborates with members of the Center for Digital Health team as well as internal and external stakeholders during the implementation of various innovative research projects. S/he conducts qualitative data collection, data analyses, manages study materials, mentors and guides research assistants, and writes and prepares manuscripts for publication and presentations, and other duties as they arise.
The Innovation Associate is responsible for working alongside the Center team to execute Innovation Center projects of varying complexity through the entirety of the innovation project life-cycle, which includes contextual inquiry, problem identification, rapid validation, and implementation. This position requires a high degree of engagement and resourcefulness as well as outstanding communication and organizational skills.
As this is a relatively new Center and Lab, the candidate would have tremendous opportunity to have an impact on the trajectory of the Center and Lab and grow professionally at Penn Medicine.
This position requires a high degree of engagement and resourcefulness as well as outstanding communication and organizational skills.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Material contribution to the implementation of various innovative research projects including qualitative data collection, analyses, management of study materials
• Designs & creates protocols for tasks such as statistical analyses, data compilation, etc. that clearly describe research objectives and procedures necessary to test the hypotheses of the research project
• Performs descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
• Responds to ad hoc internal and external requests for data, needs assessments and/or consultations with team and stakeholders, recommending SML engagement where appropriate
• Coordinates multiple data collection efforts for one or more research projects which may include other team members, internal and external stakeholders
• Collaboration with study personnel in the strategic planning of projects, decision on methodology and potential integration across the University and Health System
• Assists in mentoring and training research assistants in use of research tools, resources and methodologies
• Consults with Center for Digital Health Director and team on appropriate management of team resources, projects and problem resolution
• Acts as liaison between project team and significant internal / external parties
• Write, edit and prepare manuscripts for publication
• Creating presentations
Minimum Degree Requirements and Experience Required:
• BA/BS required/ preferably in a field with demonstrated interest and research experience in medicine, health care, public health, computer science, communications, and/or social media applications
• Minimum of three years professional or equivalent experience, demonstrating the ability to complete complex and thoughtful work
• Demonstrated ability to communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with team members, other health system employees, and patients on an interpersonal level, both verbally and in writing.
• Passion for conceiving, contributing and implementing innovative research projects related to health and social media, as they will be contributing to all stages of project development
• Ability to integrate information from multiple sources and distill pertinent information in usable format
• Excellent organizational skills - able to prioritize work and manage time.
• Proven project management experience, including project budgets and schedules; projects executed successfully and completed within time frames to meet research objectives
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in research design, data collection methods, and strategies for data management
• Ability to design, create and revise research instruments as necessary to ensure quality data that correlates with research objectives.
• Strong team orientation with the ability to be flexible with time and independently manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point skills
• Knowledge of social media sites and applications including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Pinterest, Tumblr, Blogspot, etc.
• Experience in data mining and social media API’s a plus
• Responsive service orientation - positive, "can do" approach to initiatives, problems, and solutions
Physical/ Working Requirements:
General office environment. May be present in clinical care locations based on project. Will travel between business unit locations in University City and Center City regularly. May occasionally travel to suburban locations. May be required to transport materials for meetings, interviews, etc.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.