Pike Corporation, Inc.
This role provides support to all aspects of project accounting, maintaining all aspects of project data entry and its associated control environment for Pike Engineering. The incumbent will manage and coordinate the processes and workflow with project controllers and work closely with finance & operations to enhance project data entry accuracy and processing timeliness. The Coordinator must have a strong working knowledge of both client and Pike Engineering work management and accounting processes/systems in order to perform the functions of the role. The role will have daily interaction with field and engineering groups as well as client representatives.
** Local Candidates Please
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
With limited supervision, the incumbent will:
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
- Support and interact with members of the Finance and Operations group to aid understanding and articulation of business drivers and performance and to also lead analysis of information in preparation of monthly leadership reports.
- Provide financial feedback/input to appropriate Operations and Management team members that assist in generating successful business results.
- Own process for all financial decisions within the office, including, but not limited to, tracking of office profitability, project-level work in progress (WIP) & A/R, purchasing card usage and coding, and monthly approval and accrual of subcontractor invoices.
- Assist Operations with ensuring effective financial controls that deliver profitability and expected cash flow on all projects and master service agreements.
- Provide month-end financial reporting to Operations team, including, but not limited to Division and Customer profit/loss Statements, budget to actual Reporting, A/R and Aging WIP trends and other financial metrics, as needed.
- Oversee QA/QC process of timesheet approval.
- Enters necessary project information into the financial accounting system to allow for accurate project coding, invoicing, and accounting and reviews field technician timesheets for accuracy and operative time management.
- Participate in effective project meetings (project kickoff, client alignment, status meeting, progress review, etc.)
- Assist Operations in generating thorough estimates and proposals for fixed price, unit and hourly projects and master service agreements.
- Proactively participate in meetings with Operations team members and obtain the necessary technical, financial, and operational inputs for appropriate reporting.
- Assist Operations with accurate monthly financial reporting for effective internal and external Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) requirements, including developing, tracking, and submitting project revenue, earned value, and other financial metrics.
Semi-routine; majority of work covered by established procedures. RELATIONSHIP
OUTSIDE WORK GROUP:
Influences decisions of moderate nature requiring high degree of tact.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. REGULAR ATTENDANCE is required.
2. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Required High school degree or GED. Preferred A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or University in Accounting, Business, Business Management, Construction Management of Engineering Management or AAS Degree in similar field with 2-3 years similar experience.
3-5 Year(s) Experience in financial or general business analysis.
A.Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, operational procedures, etc.
B.Ability to write reports, Business correspondence, and procedure manuals. C.Ability to effectively present information in one-on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
1.Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret spread sheets.
2.Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent and to draw and interpret spreadsheets
3.Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
A.Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
B.Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Adobe Acrobat
- Be held accountable for maintaining all confidences regarding highly sensitive and proprietary information.
- Assures quality workmanship and on time delivery to the client for all projects assigned.
- Supports the organization’s vision and strategy and demonstrates initiative and personal accountability to meet work demands according to the highest standard.
- Exhibit organizational and planning skill
- High commitment to achieving goals and plans
- Demonstrated skills in verbal/written communications
- Demonstrated negotiating and decision-making skill
- Demonstrated management and business skills
- Demonstrated skills in providing leadership, motivation, vision, and direction
- High energy level with the ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow through on assignments
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. How much on the job time is spent in the following physical activities?
- Stand Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
- Walk Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
- Sit 1/3 to 2/3 (Frequently)
- Talk or Hear 1/3 to 2/3 (Frequently)
- Use Hands to Feel, Handle or finger tools or controls 1/3 to 2/3 (Frequently)
- Climb or balance None
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch or crawl Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
- Reach with Hands and Arms Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
- Taste or Smell None
B. Does this job require that weight be lifted or force to be exerted? If so, how much and how often?
- Up to 10 Pounds Up to 1/3
- Up to 25 Pounds Up to 1/3
- Up to 50 Pounds None
- Up to 100 Pounds None
- More than 100 Pounds None
C. Does this job have any special vision requirements?
Close Vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
Peripheral visions (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eyes to bring an object into sharp focus)
No Special Vision Requirements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Wet, humid conditions (non- weather) None
- Work near moving mechanical parts Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
- Work in high, precarious places None
- Fumes or airborne particles None
- Toxic or caustic chemicals None
- Outdoor weather conditions Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
- Extreme cold (non-weather) None
- Extreme Heat (non-weather) None
- Risk of electrical shock None
- Work with explosives None
- Risk of radiation None
- Vibration None
While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is: Moderate Noise (Examples: business office with typewriters, and or computer printer, light traffic)
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Pike Engineering is an equal opportunity employer EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled Pike Engineering is a Non-Union Company