Kingston Care Center of Fort Wayne has an opportunity for an experienced Physical Therapy Assistant
. The purpose of this position is to treat and document care for individuals with impaired ability due to disease, injury, or degeneration, utilizing the skills and expertise of a licensed Physical Therapist Assistant within the PTA scope of practice, under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist. Responsible for providing effective patient treatment in accordance with established plan of care and physician orders, maintaining communication and collaboration with the evaluating therapist, and implementing education plan to meet the needs of the patient, family, or caregiver.
Kingston HealthCare Company based in Toledo, Ohio is a growing, financially sound, privately held company owning and operating fourteen communities specializing in rehabilitative and skilled nursing, assisted living, and Alzheimer’s care; mostly in Ohio and Indiana. Our attractive, state of the art facilities offer innovative programs and exceptional outcomes and continue to receive excellent ratings for our outstanding quality care and customer satisfaction.
- Follow physician orders and facility policies and procedures to treat patients and complete required documentation of treatment provided under the direction and supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist.
- Provide effective direct patient treatment in accordance with established plan of care and physician orders.
- Accurately take measurements of patient's status, within the limits of scope of practice and ability.
- Current state Physical Therapist Assistant licensure.
- Must be organized, self-directed and highly motivated.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Patience, tact, enthusiasm, and positive attitude toward the elderly.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
Auto req ID