The Program Manager is responsible to coordinate the efforts of the Engineering Team, Sales, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering and Production Support through new product development and product launch to meet customer expectations and the Company goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with Sales, Accounting and Product Engineering in the development of new product cost, timing and program development.
- Provide leadership to concurrent engineering timeline ensuring customer and Company expectations are met.
- Direct individuals across functions and plants on critical timing and provide direction of due dates and required follow-up, holding people accountable to those dates.
- Develop and track APQP deliverable timeline in accordance with customer requirements.
- Track program against its schedule, budget and against phase review objectives.
- Lead program teams and facilitate the communication and interaction among the functional representatives.
- Document and track activities – identify and capture all associated costs – maintain a running log of all issues and status.
- Ensure accomplishment of program launch KPIs and operational performance in the plant through 90 days after SOP.
- Lead corrective action process.
- Coordinate and monitor technical matters, program costs, sufficient labor, etc. to ensure successful development and launch.
- Interface with Management keeping them advised of project status and important issues.
- Coordinate with customers to provide necessary program status and obtain customer feedback.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience in engineering or program management
- Experience in automotive manufacturing
- Experience launching new programs across multiple locations
- Manufacturing or program management experience (Stamping, Welding & Assembly)
Desired Education & Experience
- PMP certification
- Experience in automotive seat structures and/or mechanisms
- Worked with at least one of the following OEMs: Ford, GM, Stellantis, BMW, Volvo and VW
- Experience with at least one OEM system
- Experience with PLEX ERP system
- Leadership – ability to direct individuals who do not report directly to them and hold individuals accountable
- Program Management
- Technical Capacity
- Customer/Client Focus
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Computer Proficiency
- Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel including customers & suppliers
- Understanding of product and processes
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Knowledge of related safety requirements
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but has authority to direct resources across various departments and plants.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on the plant shop floor and occasionally in an office setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location