Our Copper and Brass Sales Team is hiring a Plant Manager to support our Santa Fe Springs location.
- Supervise branch production using the Warehouse Activity Monitor and available Production Planning tools.
- Correct/ clarify incorrect warehouse procedures
- Develop plans and procedures to insure the safety of all employees and visitors of the warehouse. Ensure operations and equipment is in compliance to corporate guidelines and OSHA Standards. · Consignment Stores Completion
- Complete the supplier consignment warehouse reservations, if necessary
- Verify inventory – make adjustments where necessary
- Hire, train, motivate, and discipline warehouse employees as required.
- Schedule and provide training where required.
- Maintain equipment to provide maximum availability and minimum down time.
- Evaluate and recommend new equipment purchases to enhance quality, capabilities and productivity.
- Communicate and monitor progress towards company safety, returns and allowances, and on time shipment and delivery directives.
- Responsible for building maintenance and security.
- Monitor quality and process improvement throughout the warehouse using SAP reports. Insure that preventive and corrective action methods are followed to eliminate or correct procedures and practices which do not meet customer requirements.
- Ensure adequate support of the sales department and its customers in a timely and orderly manner.
- Assist with customer problems, including on site visits where necessary.
- Facilitate lean practices in the plant
- Purchase or direct the purchase of necessary warehouse supplies to insure the ability to comply with written work instructions and customer requirements.
- Attend regional and corporate meetings when required.
- Assist TKX Logistics in insuring trucks are maintained properly and that trucks and drivers are compliant with transportation requirements.
- Perform employee reviews as required.
- Assist in contract negotiations
- Bachelor's degree preferred (in a business and behavioral science curriculum)
- 2 years direct warehouse supervision or team leadership, experience
- Exposure to labor relations, safety programs, ISO standards, Lean practices and sale functions.
- This individual must also possess good leadership qualities and the ability to build an effective team as well as be an effective team member
- Proven ability to mentor and coach team members
- 10-15% Travel Required
** Must be eligible to work in the USA to be considered, no sponsorship opportunities**
Your Benefits With Us
We value people as our greatest resource and offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, dental, employer-matched 401(k) plan, paid time off and an array of employee purchasing incentives.
If you are interested in furthering your education, we have awesome reimbursement programs for graduate, undergraduate, trade school and more!
If you are an applicant with a California residency, please click on the following link: California Job Applicant Notice of Collection
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $86,000.00 - $129,000.00 per year