- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
- 5+ years experience administrating the Linux operating system
- 5+ years of development of systems management and administration automation in Perl, Python, Ruby, or Java
- 2+ years of distributed system management experience
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Come join the EC2 GovCloud Team!
We’re building a new team dedicated to expanding our Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) to new customers. We are seeking talented engineers skilled in the art of integration who can bridge gaps between systems, software, and ops – and are not constrained by how “things are usually done”. This new team will focus on delivering solid, scalable systems on an aggressive schedule.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day, systems engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success. You'll become a expert at EC2 platform diagnosis, response, measurement, and automation. You will design and build the operational scalability that sustains the platform's insane growth. You will measure your success and it will be visible.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline
- Experience with massive-scale distributed systems
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, architecture, and core technologies (such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN)
- Advanced knowledge of configuration management systems, such as: Puppet, Chef, CFEngine, or Ansible
- Ownership, urgency, and drive to launch services
- Communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Analysis skills to be able to identify and quickly resolve/mitigate issues
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Position can be hired in Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA