Recreation Directors are responsible for planning, coordinating and executing the daily, weekly and monthly activities at our Resorts.
- Plan, coordinate, attend, and supervise all activities such as picnics, sporting events, dances, and dinners.
- Prepare provisions for events, including arranging for food and beverages, soliciting and scheduling volunteers, booking entertainers, collecting ticket/sale money etc
- Create advertising materials for events. (flyers, banners etc)
- Assist with producing a calendar of events for the resort.
- Set-up and clean-up after events.
- Help create a tracking sheet to monitor attendance, vendor utilization, income, and expenses for each activity.
- Assist in creating and maintaining an annual budget for resort activities. In order to achieve budget expectations.
- Assist with ensuring all invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Assist with training Activity department team members and volunteers.
- Assist with producing a calendar of events for the next calendar season, while ensuring to stay within budget expectations.
- Assist with preparing newsletters and distribute to resort customers and guests.
- Help with and organize fundraising activities to support the department.
- Maintain accurate office and activity supply inventories.
- Ensure all equipment and supplies are kept in good condition.
- Create and maintain social media accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- 2 years experience in recreational activities preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Professional appearance
- Computer proficiency, including the internet, Google suite; Publisher and Constant Contact
- Experience creating and maintaining social media sites
- A current, valid driver's license from the State where the community is located is required before driving a company-owned vehicle or before driving his/her own vehicle on company business.
- Display Zeman’s Core Values
- Respect - For others and yourself
- Cooperation - If you need help, ask. If you are asked for help, give it.
- Devotion - Sincere interest in helping our customers and your teammates
- “WOW” - Deliver unexpected great service
- Fun - Be a passionate team player and have FUN!
Zeman Homes is a drug-free, equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance