We are currently seeking an Applications Engineer (Product Management) for Energy Storage Systems to join our dynamic team as part of the Engineering Team!
- Product Applications Engineering: field applications support, design requirements, and strategic direction/application
- Identify strategic product needs, evaluate feasibility of product concepts, develop requirements, and develop presentation of concepts, applications, and requirements to enter into product planning roadmap
- Define product/feature requirements and effectively communicate with the factory through product/feature development process
- Work closely with factory R&D teams to understand existing and new product features and operation to create strategic direction for proper product applications and competitively advantaging LG products.
- Support proper product application to field projects through creating product applications materials, providing product/applications training to sales and reps, and working with sales and reps on specific applications challenges
- Analyze, build, and maintain competitive product application strategies for existing and new competitive products in the market
- Provide support to other teams in creation and review of catalogs, brochures, submittals, guide specifications, engineering manuals, etc.
- Track industry direction and developments in ASHRAE and other standards and develop strategies for product development accordingly
- Work with sales team to identify opportunities to develop strategies that promote sales
- Bachelor of Science in ME, EE or equivalent required
- 5+ yrs experience in US applied commercial energy storage, energy generation, and/or electrical systems including experience in technical product applications support required
- Successful history of interaction with factory R&D teams
- New Product Introduction(NPI): product definition, product/feature prioritization, product details/operation, strategic application and positioning
- Global applied commercial air conditioning industry experience a plus
- Experience in Product Management a plus
- PM Certification a plus
- Bilingual in English/Korean a plus
- Comfortable presenting to and engaging with a technical audience including engineers, consultants and owners.
- Adaptable to the management style and process methods of foreign colleagues to achieve common goals.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical and architectural blueprints, specifications and equipment submittal data.
- Willingness to travel throughout the US and occasionally overseas
LG Electronics, USA Inc.; LG Mobilecomm USA, Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commercial Energy Systems: 5 years (Required)
- Commercial Product management: 5 years (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job