*This is a 32 hour position*
Exceptional Family Member Program Case Liaisons develop and provide EFMP education and marketing to stress the importance of EFMP enrollment and provide non-medical case management for assigned EFMP families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with local MTF, School Liaison Officer, and school district to ensure deliver of integrated EFMP services
- Provide non-medical case management for assigned EFMP families and document case notes in NFAAS
- Coordinate with agencies and other service support offices to include installation medical and recreational facilities, community service agencies, and private organizations
- Educate and inform families on Special Education documentation and support services, i.e. school services, access to therapies, related resources, and workshops, etc. Facilitate effective communication and meeting planning strategies that will further empower families with effective tools to self-advocate for their EFM.
- Develop and provide EFMP education and marketing, to include providing command briefings, writing articles, and using multi-media publications/communication methods to conduct outreach and to stress the importance of EFMP enrollment
- Perform administrative functions associated with the training, education, and outreach program plans. Collect, analyze, and maintain training, education, and outreach materials, including: listings of services and resources, information on the command outreach concept and plan, reports, and surveys
- Ensure EFMP information is incorporated as appropriate in FFSP education and awareness campaigns
- Ensure EFMP group education, one-on-one consultation, and information and referral contacts and services are entered and counted in FFSMIS
- Serve as a resource in non-legal special education matters. When appropriate, make referrals to and collaborate with local JAG office who will provide legal advice and/or pro bono resources on Special Education matters.
- Ensure staff delivering EFMP Case Liaison are accounting for all services scheduled and delivered in the automated Centralized Scheduling and Metrics system in use by the FFSP
- Knowledge of the military and the challenges of the military life style as well as those resulting from the unique challenges of EFMP families
- Knowledge of state, federal, and local resources
- Understanding, sensitivity, and empathy for Sailors and family members from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Ability to intervene in crisis situations, using sound judgment, ethics, and common sense
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software and skilled in the use of office software
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Zeiders is a COVID-19 vaccination-required company and requires all employees to be vaccinated or seek an approved accommodation for a protected reason (medical or religious).
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science or related behavioral science field OR a combination of social science education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree OR Four years’ equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience providing case management or advocacy services and experience working with special needs individuals or families
- Completion of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) training within 30 days of installation start date and annually thereafter; and completion of CNIC-approved special education training within 30 days of start date.
Other Skills and Abilities
This position requires access to U.S. Government facilities and systems. U.S. Citizenship, a valid driver's license, transportation, and auto insurance are required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Physical Demands: Works in office areas. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Uses personal computer, telephones, copiers, printers and other office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer