Position Title: Land Sales Broker (Independent Contractor)
Reports To: Pacific Northwest Broker in Charge
American Forest Management, Inc. (AFM) is the largest forest consulting and real estate brokerage firm in the United States. AFM currently manages over 6 million acres of privately owned timberland and has sold over $2 billion in real estate transactions. With 265 employees operating from 49 offices located in 16 states, AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services. Our small regionally dispersed offices allow us to provide individualized services, and our large overall size allows us to coordinate teams of foresters and technical specialists for large, complex jobs.
AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services including land and wildlife management, land sale and acquisition services, forest inventory and design, growth and yield modeling, cash flow projections, environmental services, appraisal, forest resource data management and harvest scheduling.
Summary: A professional, independent contractor/real estate broker to act as an intermediary between sellers and buyers of acreage properties. The Broker/Contractor will market real estate on behalf of clients and provide guidance to buyers/sellers to facilitate the purchase/selling process in the Oregon/western Washington State areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and assistance to sellers/buyers in marketing/purchasing rural property.
- Intermediate negotiation processes.
- Consult on market conditions, pricing, lending practices, land use regulations and other related matters.
- Perform comparative market analysis/broker price opinions.
- Display and market acreage property to potential buyers.
- Routinely prospect for new listings.
- Prepare all relevant real estate paperwork (listing agreements, purchase and sale agreements, advertisements, etc.).
- Maintain real estate files in a manner that is compliant with State regulations and internal company policies.
- Cooperate with appraisers, escrow companies, lenders, and other external stakeholders to facilitate successful transactions.
- Develop networks with external brokers, attorneys, mortgage lenders, contractors and other industry stakeholders.
- Demonstrate continued high-level sales success through methodical implementation of effective marketing in multiple mediums.
- Remain knowledgeable in relevant real estate markets and best practices.
Knowledge and Requirements:
- Valid current real estate broker’s license.
- Proven working experience as a land-focused, real estate agent or experience in a related field.
- 3+ years of sales experience and 5+ years of professional related field experience.
- Knowledge in multiple aspects of rural real estate including; timber, forestry, agriculture, recreation, wildlife habitat, hunting, minerals, soils, conservation, and other attributes that effect land use and values.
- Proven track record of sales success.
- Ability to work independently combined with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong sales, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft office applications, county land record system searches, and ability to learn internal GIS mapping systems.
- Ability to work full-time as an independent contractor.
- Financial wherewithal to operate in commission only compensation structure, invest in marketing materials, provide suitable transportation and tools necessary to conduct the land sales business.
- Unlimited earning potential.
- Access to un-paralleled marketing support and material from dedicated in-house staff.
- Access to team of land management professionals in parent organization, American Forest Management, one of the largest forestry consulting firms in North America.
- This includes access to professional foresters, GIS specialists, forest planners, professional appraisers and wildlife biologists.
- Skill development and enhancement through internal AFM Land Sales training program, mentoring and team approach.
- Being part of a national team of land professional that has an established land-specific brand and existing relationships with major owners of acreage property throughout the US.
- Corporate marketing.
- Use of afmlandsales.com and corporate website partners through direct feed of listings.
- Listing and marketing expenses.
- Administrative assistance.
- Errors and Omissions Insurance.
- CRM data base.
Job Type: Contract
- RE Sales: 3 years (Required)
- RE Sales of acreage properties: 3 years (Required)
- ,current Oregon real estate broker’s (Required)