GLC Government Services is seeking Dental Assistants for a long-term government assignment located in Lexington, Kentucky within a Correctional Facility.
Schedule will be 28 to 30 hours per week between 7:30a-3:30p – 7 hours per day 4 days per week, excluding Holidays and Weekends.
- The Dental Assistant will assist the Dental Officer in dental specialty sections, such as restorative, oral surgery, periodontics, prosthetics, examinations and triage of emergency cases.
- Retrieves patient’s records, escorts patient to dental treatment area, seats and prepares patient for Dental Officer, assists by preparing dental instruments, dental materials, drugs and medications, passes instruments, retracts tissues, irrigates oral cavity, and helps to maintain a dry field.
- The contractor will also observe patient’s responses, assist patient for dismissal, give patient post-operative instruction, and then prepare the treatment area for the next patient.
- Assist in dental health education, makes necessary entries on dental treatment chart (both electronic and paper records), and records dental charting.
- Competent in the basics of four handed dentistry (e.g. preparation of materials, passing instruments, dental charting, saliva ejection) and expanded clinical duties (e.g. dental emergencies, Radiographs using standard and digital Radiography, placing and removing dental packings and removing sutures, making primary impressions and pouring casts, placing matrix bands, place and remove rubber dams, inserting and contouring filling materials, fabricating and cementing temporary crowns).
- Must be Registered in the state of Kentucky or possess a letter from the Kentucky Board of Dentistry that states your training meets or exceeds Kentucky requirements.
- 2 years of experience providing Expanded Duties Dental Assistant services is required.
- Current CPR (BCLS) certification from the American Heart Association or the Red Cross
Job Type: Contract
- Expanded Duties Dental Assistant: 2 years (Required)
- Lexington, KY (Preferred)
- Registered in KY or Letter from Kentucky Board of Dentistry (Required)