Job Title: Outside Sales Account Executive
Reports to: Director of Sales
Date Formalized: August 2019
This role’s top priority is to drive the revenue goals of the Company on the East Coast of the United States by positioning our product as the best solution to achieve our customer's vision of success. Reporting to the CEO, the Business Development Executive works with customers and partners to evolve customized solutions on the expanding Salesforce.com platform and broader ecosystem.
- Driving quarterly and annual revenue targets for US territory sales.
- Owning your pipeline to ensure long term, consistent performance in quarterly/annual quota achievement
- Generating leads, qualifying and managing them appropriately.
- Identify and build relationships with essential decision makers in target permitting and licensing organizations.
- Identifying business pain points and potential objectives from customers early on.
- Developing an understanding of business issues and opportunities in order to create a high value proposal focused on delivering their desired outcomes.
- Identifying high probability RFPs to respond to and contribute to their completion.
- Creating strong customer loyalty and demand within accounts.
- Leading the development of opportunity strategy plans and conducting periodic account reviews.
- Accurately forecasting opportunities for a rolling 18-month cycle.
- Building a comprehensive territory plan that outlines strategy to secure new prospects.
- Building a detailed account plan for each of the top 10 accounts in local and state government.
- Facilitating discussions internally and externally relative to prospect/sales campaign coordination.
- Using Salesforce ecosystem capabilities to propose solutions to address customer pain points.
- Building statements of work that are in process and protect the company from scope creep.
- Working with key partners in the Salesforce ecosystem and expanding our footprint with them.
- Ensuring we are supporting our partner lead management process by maintaining a close relationship with the Senior Manager of Partner Operations, especially when it comes to driving deal-related opportunities and expansions.
- Efficiently, creatively and competently managing roadblocks.
- Other related duties as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
This role is considered a "hunter" role. You are a vivacious and sales driven individual that is an expert at seeking and building integral relationships within your sales stratosphere. You care about making an impact and are driven to improve processes for municipalities around the United States, therefore positively impacting the lives of your fellow citizens. If there is a way, you will find it and you are an expert at navigating the complex processes surrounding government licensing. You have:
5+ years of experience selling enterprise-wide solutions (both software and services) to government agencies
Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certification
Proven industry domain knowledge – an established network of State and Local government contacts and an understanding of the personas in these organizations, specifically in the area of permitting, licensing or regulatory enforcement.
Strong verbal and written communication skills (technical writing & UML) and excellent presentation skills
Exceptional technical project management skills, including planning, scheduling, executing, and monitoring
Strong client relationship management and customer service skills – solution-oriented.
Ability to build a shared understanding of customer needs and motivations among members of cross-functional teams.
Ability to be flexible and manage change within Agile Methodology.
Exceptionally detail-oriented and organized, ensuring quality and consistent output.
Self-motivated and creative.
Curious with excellent listening skills.
Ability to maintain a professional attitude and work independently with little guidance in a fast-paced, lean, changing environments
Familiarity with Cloud Computing and SaaS is an asset.
Ability to travel within North America up to 50% of the time.
We thank all candidates that apply but please be advised that only those that have been selected for the next steps will be contacted.
NOTE: As BasicGov works directly with government agencies, we will require a criminal record check for all successful candidates as part of our selection process.
We offer a competitive salary, commission and a comprehensive benefits package. As our outside sales, you will have a high degree of autonomy in your role, flexibility and lots of opportunity to travel.
If you are interested in making an impact in the way municipalities and governments serve their communities, please send us your resume and tell us why you would be a great fit for our team.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
- Health insurance
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity