Chief Rehabilitation Service Opportunity
Beautiful Hines, Illinois (Chicagoland)
1 license/50 States- 49 days paid time off annually!
Outstanding Quality of Life -Wonderful benefits
Seeking a dynamic Chief of Rehabilitation for the Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital. This 1A facility, administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), located 12 miles west of downtown Chicago. This position entails possible academic appointment at Loyola University of Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine.
Preferred Experience: Management experience; experience in management of multiple complex rehabilitation programs, including leadership of multiple disciplines: Audiology & Speech Pathology, Blind Rehabilitation, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Prosthetics & Sensory Aides Service (PSAS). Over 5 years of clinical experience; professor or associate professor academic appointment.
The Service Chief is administratively responsible for the operation of the Rehabilitation Service and its clinical and research efforts, as appropriate. In addition, the Service Chief is responsible for assuring the service performs according to applicable Veterans Health Administration performance standards.
Interested: Please forward your C.V. (cover letter preferred with)
Benefits: Working for the Department of Veteran Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part:
· 49 days paid time off annually including 26 days paid vacation;13 days of sick leave; 10 paid holidays
· 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses (subject to budget availability)
· up to 5% matching funds on your 401(k); on average, federal government pays 75% of your premium on your health care insurance; possible annual performance bonus of 7.5% up to a max $19,000 annually; VA contributes 9.6% of your salary toward federal retirement; and you do not have to pay a penny for malpractice insurance because you are covered by the federal government if a claim arises.
VA Total Compensation: VA physicians enjoy all the above-mentioned benefits which increase total compensation by an average of 39% over your annual salary.
Medical License: A clean, valid medical license from any US State or Territory is all that is required to practice medicine in a VA Federal Hospital anywhere in the nation.
Salaries: VA Physician salaries are determined by a compensation panel of physicians at the facility where you practice medicine. VA salaries are very competitive and are based on physician salaries of the local market, your experience and credentials as a physician.
Job Satisfaction: VA Physicians enjoy the luxury of practicing medicine with the latest technologies and do so with no overhead costs, staff to pay, no rent on a building and no filing insurance claims. A 40-hour work week makes this a dream job for a physician with lots of time off for family and friends.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $251,000.00 - $300,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible