Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
The Office Clerical Coordinate B implements and monitors the operations of a clerical unit of an office in order to ensure delivery of quality, cost-effective patient care. Supervises seven or more FTEs and/or two or more practice locations (not including satellite offices). This position requires a minimum formal education of High School Diploma and minimum of five years job-related experience.
1. Supervises clerical staff to support the effective delivery of patient care, patient satisfaction, and efficient use of resources to achieve optimal results for the office. Allocates work, conducts performance reviews, coaches and provides disciplinary action to clerical staff as necessary. Manages to budget and maintains careful control of revenue and expenses. Prepares and reconciles invoices for Accounts Payable, investigates and resolves office concerns, inquiries, and complaints. Interviews, hires and trains new employees. Conducts regular meetings to notify clerical staff of changes in policy, procedure or regulations, educates staff, and ensures continuous process improvement. Develops and implements department policies/procedures and its implementation and monitoring.
2. Coordinates scheduling operations to include; supervises check-in, check-out, call center and medical records staff.
3. Implements provider schedules to maximize provider productivity in order to meet budgetary goals.
4. Implements monthly coverage schedule to include; communicating the roster and any ad hoc changes to the answering service, and notifies external departments of coverage schedule as required.
5. Advises supervisor of changes regarding staff or the office. Makes recommendations to leadership regarding office operations and finances.
6. Maintains a high level of customer service-oriented performance and models the behavior for office team. Achieves and models the organization's established expectations regarding quality, teamwork, self and staff development.
7. Responds promptly to all requests from patients, physicians, medical offices, and administration.
8. Maintains communication between central billing office (CBO) and medical practice.
9. Reviews and analyzes income statements, productivity reports, and dashboard metrics to identify trends and ensures optimal office efficiency and productivity.
10. Ensures office supply inventory is maintained and replenished as needed while managing to budget.
11. Assists supervisor in development of business plans.
12. Fills in and performs duties of direct/indirect reports as needed.
13. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Data entry, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required. Knowledge of insurance contracts and requirements, and clerical and business office functions required. One year supervisory experience required.
Experience working in an electronic health record (EHR) environment preferred.
Danbury-111 Osborne Street
7:30 - 4:00p
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.