We’re looking for an embedded developer who can put 50 pounds of power into a 5-pound sack. Adept at thinking inside the box, you don’t see housings as constraint, but as a challenge, just begging for a solution. At Booz Allen, you will use every tactic in the book, and even some that are too new to be written about…deconstruct, duplicate, rearrange, and enhance device functionality as you solve mission-critical challenges. Because you know the way devices work inside and out, you’re able to see how innovation effects vulnerability, and proactively guard against it. As you go, you will use Linux and Python to automate your testing and other processes, freeing up more time for you to blaze new trails.
You’ll have the opportunity to connect in Communities of Excellence with others doing similar work, because we know that creativity is contagious, and when you don’t have to recreate the wheel, you can focus on new challenges. Be part of a team of developers who haven’t met a “thing” they haven’t connected to the IoT, and who daily creates solutions that drive innovation. What do you imagine your future to hold? Join Booz Allen and make it happen.
Nice If You Have:
- 6+ years of experience with software system requirements analysis, design, development, integration, or testing
- 4+ years of experience with software development in C/C++ for Linux or other UNIX-like systems
- 2+ years of experience with performing software reverse engineering using Reverse Engineering tools
- 1+ years of experience with Python development
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- BA or BS degree
- Experience in performing embedded software development with various platform architectures, including x86, PowerPC, MIPS, ARM, or other specific microcontroller or microprocessor families
- Experience with analysis and implementation of computer network communication over carious protocols, including TCP, UDP, or proprietary
- Experience with Unit test development for C, C++, or Python projects using standard frameworks, including GMock, CppUnit, Unity, or pytest
- Experience with requirements analysis and configuration management
- Experience with operating systems internals in Linux or Windows
- Experience with integrating software systems
- Experience with authoring system documentation
- Experience with vulnerability analysis
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
access to experts in virtually every field
a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.