The essence of this position is to provide customer satisfaction, maximize utilization, and maximize company profits by providing emergency/on-demand service for all our product lines and processes for Filtration, Flotation and Sedimentation Detailed Description
1. Safety above all, drive and promote safety as a #1 initiative, represent and enforce FLSmidth’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies
2. Provide coaching and leadership to the field engineers
3. Communicate clearly company policies and operating procedures to promote an effective team
4. Prepare and follow up service schedules to be sure qualified personnel are available for each project.
5. Allocates resources and prioritizes tasks for assignments and projects, and coordinates resources within the group to ensure direct reports have clear roles and responsibilities on all assignments
6. Ensure that all personnel submit timely and technically/accurate reports including timesheets, expense reports, field reports
7. Monitor and follow up the MSHA refresher training, annual vacation, tools, etc.
8. Manage the physical property of Field Service including ordering, inventory, security management, distribution control, and recalibration tools, etc. so engineers have the necessary tools for a successful project
9. Must have a thorough working knowledge of mining equipment product lines and processes. Must be able to put together viable solutions that meet our customers’ needs and expectations while maintaining our profitability
10. Ability to provide diagnostic and repair services on site or over the phone to our regional customers 24/7
11. Ensure the departments targets are achieved:
CRM, Budget, Hazard Recognition/NCR, etc.
12. The incumbent must have had previous international project exposure and knowledge of international cultures, custom regulations, and requirements, visa and work permit requirements, etc.
13. Work closely with the regional sales managers and Field Service Mining Manager to ensure that the highest quality of work is achieved
14. Work with regional sales managers to develop technical service offerings that can be bundled with aftermarket parts and wear consumables
15. Coach and motivate Field Engineers to meet objectives. Measures and communicates employee performance and effectiveness. Comfortable holding people accountable for their performance
(Describe the required level of education and required set of qualifications needed for holding the position)
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline. Chemical, Mechanical and Metallurgical degrees preferred.
- 5-10 years of managerial and mine site work experience could substitute the BS degree requirement.
- Basic engineering mathematics, statistics, and business and economic analysis required.
(Describe the required level of experiences needed for holding the position)
- Previous supervisory/lead experience in minerals processing, cement or other related industry is preferred
- 5-10 years in plant maintenance and/or field service/commissioning experience in minerals processing, cement or other related industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
This position is expected to travel 40%.