We’re a tech company that’s changing how people bank and think about their finances. We value empathy, curiosity, craft and efficacy. Our mission is to help people feel confident with their money. We do that by bringing humanity, elegance and ease to the consumer banking experience. And we make banking beautiful.
The Infrastructure team at Simple is currently working to make our systems better not only for our external customers, but also for our internal, engineering customers. We trust our team to analyze and optimize systems on an ongoing basis to help create and maintain these systems. The teams purpose is to service Simple's operational, software lifecycle management, and data needs. The team is responsible for policy, implementation, training, and support for the following elements across Simple's product offerings: reliability, availability, security, adaptability, observability, availability, and compliance.
This role will work most closely with the entire Infrastructure team including Product Manager of Platform, other Engineering Managers, Director of Software Engineering, and the VP of Engineering.
You should be passionate about systems and operations. Ideally, we'd like to see a candidate who started out as an engineer but wanted to improve the quality of work life for other engineers and therefore entered into the management sphere. You should be passionate about process and policies, but also able to let teams learn and grow at their own pace, stepping in when help is needed.
What You’ll Do All Day:
As a Senior Manager of Infrastructure Engineering at Simple you will be looked at for helping the team to reach their full potential through coaching, mentorship and optimizing workflows.
We’d Like To See:
- Serve as the Service Delivery Manager for 1-2 teams within the Platform group.
- Supporting the performance, development, and growth of the engineers that report to you
- Designing, measuring, and continuously improving the way your team builds and delivers
- Meeting with teams and stakeholders both in-person and virtually
- Analyzing workflows and create processes to optimize
- Using your experience as a manager to mentor and coach fellow managers and lead engineers
- 5-8 years working in your craft and 3+ years as a manager
- Experience with AWS ecosystem utilizing K8’s a plus
- Experience rolling out a large org-wide change across many engineering teams
- Ability to lead teams and manage workflows to optimize delivering software
- Proven track record of coaching/mentoring individual contributors into more senior roles
- Track record of aligning teams to the goals of the greater company
- Ability to cultivate self-management skills in each team member
- Ability to think critically about processes and collaboratively improve them
- Demonstrated understanding of how to manage the health and needs of your individual team members through at least 2 major engineering projects
We recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we’re not okay with it. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention processes, as well as our office culture. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, we say go for it, and apply!
Why Simple’s a Great Place to Work
- Based in Portland, Oregon-- a beautiful place to live and work
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- A supportive and nurturing place to work. We actively consider how we can improve employees’ quality of life--both inside and outside the office.
- Committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We actually like and respect each other.
- We give a damn about what we do, both as individual contributors and as a company on a mission to change banking. We’re passionate and nerdy about our work; in fact we’re kind of that way about things outside of work, too.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org ( email@example.com ) if you need an accommodation in the application process.
A background check will be required for this opportunity.
Simple provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Simple complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
By submitting this application, you certify that the facts contained in your application are true and complete to the best of your knowledge. If you are employed, false statements on your application will be grounds for termination.