Float Specialist Therapist - Occupational Therapist - FT - Therapy Resource Pool - INEGRIS Jim Thorpe Rehabilitation
(Job Number: 711812)
This Float Specialist Therapist position will be for an Occupational Therapist to work in the Therapy Resource Pool. This full time OT will provide float coverage and additional staffing for Therapy Resource Pool departments.
As a full time employee this Occupational Therapist will qualify for INTEGRIS Health benefits, Paid Time off and Retirement Benefits.
Float Specialist Therapist
Job Code: 1471
The Float Pool Specialist-Therapist assumes responsibility for the ethical and cost effective management, delivery, outcomes and communication of patient care within the scope of practice of respective discipline. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Float Pool Specialist/Therapist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Functions in the capacity of the Staff Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech Pathologist in the daily provision of patient treatment, coordination of treatment with other disciplines, completion of required documentation of services delivered, communicating daily patient activity and charges for data processing;
*Interprets referrals; examines, evaluates, develops plan of care including anticipated goals and expected outcomes for patients;
*Follows established plan of care by core therapist. If determined necessary, modifies and documents revised plan of care;
* Within the 90 day probationary period, is determined competent to work in all venues: acute physical medicine, home health, inpatient rehabilitation and outpatient rehabilitation;
* Within six months of hire is determined competent in at least one specialty area (at the Rehabilitation Clinical Manager's discretion), to include, but not limited to: aquatics, brain injury, burn, case assessment specialist, community re-entry, hand, lymphedema, pediatrics, seating or spinal cord injury.
*Must be willing to work a varied schedule and travel to all INTEGRIS facilities.
Reports to the Rehabilitation Clinical Manager.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions. May be exposed to constant interruptions, noise, disagreeable odors, and assorted chemicals. Must cope with high caseloads and multiple demands.
Aquatics position: frequent exposure to pool chemicals and to heat and humidity in pool area.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* License in respective discipline in the state of Oklahoma
* 1 year (full-time equivalent) experience, 3 years preferred.
* Current CPR Certification (BLS)
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
* Valid OK driver's license and insurance
For Jim Thorpe Therapy Resource Pool:
* This job requires the incumbents to operate an INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Drivers License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier