This is a full-time position at GMR’s headquarters in Heath, TX. The position is on the GMR Development Team and reports to the VP – Technology. The Senior Software Engineer (SSE) is part of a team responsible for GMR’s implementation of custom and commercial software to meet internal and external customer needs. The primary job function for this role is to design, implement, unit test, document, deploy, and support custom software solutions as part of a small implementation team following Agile methodologies. This individual may participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within GMR’s business and technology teams. The SSE may also assist with application support, testing of software and infrastructure, and special projects as needed. This role requires good time management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects, tasks, and priorities in parallel. The SSE must be self-motivated and able to work alone or as a part of a team. Additionally, excellent verbal and written communication are required.
- Full Stack Microsoft Developer (.NET/C#) with extensive experience implementing Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) applications
- SQL Developer (Microsoft SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS)
- Agile (Scrum/Kanban) Methodology
- Automated Unit Testing Frameworks
- Automated Build and Deployment Frameworks
- Designs, implements, unit tests, documents, deploys, maintains, supports, and enhances custom software solutions.
- Develops integrations with external data sources and applications for data exchange.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues with technology solutions.
- Assist with set-up and maintenance of development infrastructure.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis.
- Document defects reported by users with steps to reproduce.
- Create documentation and / or training materials for software releases (e.g. user guide, release notes, training materials, etc.).
- Provide end user system and application support.
- Technical research and development (R&D).
- Provides consultation on complex projects and serves as a top level technical expert by creating high-level architectural specifications and addressing problems of systems integration and compatibility
- Bachelor’s Degree in Relevant Field.
- 10+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the software engineering concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Personal integrity.
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Careful attention to detail.
- The ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Promptness and good attendance record.
- The ability to work regular office hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday) as well as some extended hours as required.
- Some ability to work on weekends should project volumes require it.
- The ability to work at a workstation with desktop computer for prolonged periods.
- The ability to communicate and interact in a professional manner with “customers” and coworkers.
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving somewhat complex issues.
- A good working knowledge of technology and a high comfort level with your ability to learn new things quickly.
Other Knowledge Preferences:
Modern Web Development (HTML5, Angular, CSS3), Visual Studio Team Services or similar technology, WiX Installers, MS Build, Workflow/BPM experience, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Modern Web Browsers
GMR offers a solid benefits package for full-time employees, including medical insurance, partially contributes to dependent premiums, if elected, 401K with matching contributions by GMR, paid vacation and sick time, life insurance, disability insurance, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
- Software Engineering: 8 years (Preferred)