COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
The candidate should be able to write, edit, and maintain Navigation Subsystem documentation in support of multiple Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Navigation Subsystem Program versions. The candidate must be able to identify fleet issues that impact deployed documentation and deliver updates for current and future FBM Navigation Subsystem Program versions. Candidate should be able possess knowledge to evaluate Trouble and Failure Reports (TFRs), Field Engineering reports, and questions from the customer and make required changes to documentation. Candidate will be responsible for the generation (writing and implementing) of the electronic documentation using file management systems and HTML editing of electronic documentation as well as documenting all changes via record of change reports, meeting schedules, and submitting the documentation for verification and incorporating any comments.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Collect, review, analyze, and edit engineering information from multiple sources.
- Developing and delivering Navigation Subsystem electronic documentation.
- Responding to customer and engineering review comments provided via Trouble and Failure Reports (TFRs) and Program Problem Reports (PPRs) programs.
- TFR processing from initial receipt to development of a response, including resolution of any comments with customer.
- Resolving PPRs from initial receipt to development of the response until acceptance of response by customer.
- Coordinating with US and UK customers, designated contractors and subcontractors, Fleet personnel as well as with LM Operations, Quality, and System Test departments for reviews and approvals.
- HTML editing of electronic documentation database using Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) and Clear Case file management
- Composing Integrated Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs) using VULCAN authoring tools and create supporting illustrations using graphics software
- Able to assess and evaluate documentation changes and make verification methodology recommendations. Developing verification test plans for use in formal verification testing of Electronic Documentation (Docware) deliveries and assist in verification testing.
- Maintain delivery configuration and coordinate shipments of Documentation and conjunctive Printed Procedure Manuals.
Considered experienced, but still a learner.
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- The candidate will have experience working in a multi-disciplined environment.
- The candidate will have experience in generating, drafting and finalizing documentation
- Have experience working with members of engineering staff to verify proper problem resolution and accurate documentation.
- Have work experience in a team environment as well as independently to meet customer commitments for deliveries.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have ability to obtain a security clearance
Strong communication, writing, and editing skills.
- Ability to draft technical manuals (Description/Operation/Maintenance/Parts List) from source data (design drawings, equipment specifications, vendor data, interviews with engineers) in accordance with technical writing and publishing practices specified in customer specifications, requirements, and quality standards.
- Proficiency in using ClearCase to set up ClearCase VOBs and the configuration specs for the ClearCase views
- Proficiency in using ClearQuest tool which hosts the Trouble and Failure Reports (TFRs) and Program Problem Reports (PPRs) systems to respond to documentation issues raised by the fleet during tactical use and training.
- Proficiency in using VULCAN authoring tools and create supporting illustrations using Microsoft VISIO graphics software
- Proficiency in using S1000D viewer
- Technical knowledge of Trident Navigation Subsystem equipment’s.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.