This is a hands-on leadership position reporting directly to the VP, Information Technology. Business Processes consists of portfolio of productivity, communication, ERP/CRM and information services, spanning a variety of devices and platforms including Office 365 and Dynamics 365.
The Manager of Alignment’s Information Technology DWP team is responsible for the long-term strategy, development, incubation, rollout and adoption of digital workplace offerings to AHC employees and partners.
As part of the Information Technology team, you will research and stay up to date on the evolution of the modern cloud and digital workplace tools, including assessing emerging technologies and trends, and their implications on various industries and AHC use cases.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Strategically advise leadership on the current state of the digital workplace and emerging technologies
- Partner with business and product teams to address the business needs, alongside technology and industry trends, to help define their workplace vision, strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate with and manage team members as related to L1 Service Desk in support of digital workplace implementations throughout the company
- Leads the delivery using agile methodologies, modern service desk tools and one engineering system (e.g. VSTS) to ensure consistent, high quality, and availability.
- Leads and collaborates with peers on decisions regarding technology, definition, and implementation of all technology solutions, infrastructure, and service level agreements.
- Reviews and approves DWP related design documents, standards and procedures for both application development, infrastructure, and change management.
- Interacts and coordinates with InfoSec, architecture team, external vendors, and other upstream and downstream DWP and service desk stakeholders.
- Collaborates with all departments and levels within the organization to understand current business needs and anticipate strategic direction and growth toward Productivity and Business Processes automation.
- Team budget control and cost accounting.
- Oversees assigned staff. Responsibilities include: recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; assigning workload; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; and coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Ensure the team is structured appropriately to meet key priorities; assesses skill level to ensure team members are in the right roles, supporting skill development as needed, utilizeone engineering system (e.g. VSTS) for capacity planning and quality management.
- Manage, coach and mentor direct reports, staff members, and vendor teams to help them be successful in their roles and to develop and improve skill sets.
- Build and maintain team morale through frequent communication methods – staff, 1-1, direct report meetings, etc.
- Minimum Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience, healthcare preferred.
- Minimum 3 years in IT manager-level experience (desktop, mobile, applications, service desk, voice, IT Service Management etc.)
- Effective interpersonal skills to consistently demonstrate expertise, business knowledge, team cohesiveness, respect, non-alarming directives and patience while interacting during system outages and critical deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in one-on-one and small-large group settings are essential.
- Passion for digital workplace including the technical and non-technical aspects transforming the future way of work using modern cloud technologies
- Design thinking and strategic advisory experience, with a background in Enterprise Architecture, and/or strong Developer experience
- Knowledge of latest Office 365 technology and integrating with popular SaaS applications
- Familiarity with Web Front End Technologies and Frameworks
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Roles reporting to this position:
- Training and Adoption
- DWP L1 support
- Digital Workplace Architecture
Job Type: Full-time
- Healthcare: 3 years
- in IT Manager: 3 years
- Office and/or Dynamic 365: 3 years
- Digital Workplace: 3 years