BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future is at the heart of what we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has been a part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek opportunity and strive for innovation in a changing world.
CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
Westfield Center, OH
$51,873 - $59,654 - $67,435
Manages all employee-facing, corporate sponsored Corporate Responsibility (CR) activities with support from Community Investment Leader and Diversity & Inclusion Leader. Manages and coordinates all corporate sponsored CR volunteer opportunities around employee engagement. Acts as a guardian and champion for the company’s philanthropic activities. Manages employee volunteer grant program. Develops and manages analytics including developing and tracking volunteer performance metrics, impact and benchmarking data.
Essential Functions (not an all inclusive list):
1. Manages all employee-facing, corporate sponsored Corporate Responsibility (CR) activities with support from Community Investment Leader and Diversity & Inclusion Leader (donation drives, outreach, education programs and scholarships).
2. Manages and coordinates all corporate sponsored CR volunteer opportunities around employee engagement and manages related nonprofit relationships (e.g. Habitat, Rebuilding, Day of Caring, Foodbank, Take Control and Junior Achievement) assuring safety measures and policies are communicated.
3. Acts as a guardian and champion for the company’s philanthropic activities. This includes representing Westfield at various events, including trainings, orientations and community events throughout the operating territories.
4. Manages employee volunteer grant program.
5. Develops and manages analytics including developing and tracking volunteer performance metrics, impact and benchmarking Westfield data against competitor research to gauge Westfield’s position within industry standards and identify improvements where appropriate.
6. Develops processes with appropriate standardization that may be repeated to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and the proper assessment of risk.
7. Supports the management of employee giving program.
8. Develops CR updates for Internet and Intranet (SharePoint) and for plasma screens and assists team in contributing regularly for social media and traditional communication outlets. Also, coordinates photo and video library.
9. Serves as social media liaison, collaborating with Marketing Communications department to moderate and promote CI initiatives while researching additional avenues to foster awareness, engagement, and interaction through social media channels.
10. Assists in creating and managing communications plans for various initiatives. Partners with marketing communications, hospitality and other business units to align corporate responsibility with business objectives.
11. Assists in emerging issues that have the potential to affect Westfield’s brand and business. Key areas of focus include disaster relief, family stability, safety, insurance pathways, and diversity & inclusion.
12. Assists in preparing reports for board and leadership.
13. Stays abreast of legal and governmental issues that impact corporate foundations.
14. Travels as needed in order to perform other essential functions.
1. 2+ years of program, project, or work experience related to nonprofit, community relations, corporate responsibility, public relations, diversity and inclusion, and/or marketing.
2. Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills resulting in the ability to effectively interact with all levels in the organization and individuals outside of the organization.
3. Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing previous work assignments to ensure deadlines are met. Strong organizational skills and time management.
4. Working knowledge of financial responsibility (e.g. budgets, reporting).
5. 2+ years of computer experience, including experience using Microsoft Office Suite or similar software product(s).
6. Results oriented team player who takes initiative.
7. Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
8. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 10 lbs.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center/reimbursement and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.