Minimum Qualifications: High School or equivalent. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills, strong customer service skills, and ability to complete multiple tasks efficiently and thrive in a teamwork environment. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, database and internet applications. Light, accurate keyboarding skills.
Position Summary: Responsible for providing basic front-desk support for clinical intake operations. May be responsible for pre-authorizations and certifications with the exception of surgical procedures.
- Provides reception assistance (i.e. greet patients, answer calls, requests for assistance are directed to proper individual, etc.). Screens telephone callers in pleasant and a professional manner; handles call; take messages or directs caller to appropriate person or area. Schedules routine appointments, follow-ups for visits and procedures that do not require or have already been pre-authorized. Refers all inquiries regarding pre-authorizations/certifications to the appropriate person. Responsible for collecting and completing any patient related documents. Assist patient in enrolling in Patient Secure if necessary. Responsible for daily confirmation of patient appointments, with appropriate notations in system. Maintains schedule to ensure no gaps in scheduling system.
- Responsible for patient check-in and check-out. Gathers all patient demographic related data and materials from patients and or their representatives. Obtains insurance information (ID card, member groups, etc.), verifies insurance eligibility electronically, takes their picture and asks them to use Patient Secure. On subsequent visits, asks them to verify demographic info and makes any necessary edits. Collect and ask patients to sign patient related documents including HIPAA, MSPQ, ABN, etc. Follow up with patients and/or their representatives, physician offices, etc. to gather missing data and materials in order to complete the intake process or refers to more senior level staff.
- Responsible for collecting co-pays and any other balances owed to institution. Scan all necessary documents (insurance cards, lab requisitions, etc.) into the intake system. Monitors intake work queue for timely intake completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31,332.60 - $46,450.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- West Babylon, NY 11704: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location