Civil Engineer Summary:
Boston area Heavy Civil Construction Co seeking Professional Engineer (with stamp) for P.E position. The candidate will be managing the entire engineering/ estimating department including survey/ layout crews and liaison between the company and civil/ architectural team members. The candidate will be professional, knowledgeable diplomatic and possess good people/ communication skills. Negotiating change orders and contract requirements are a significant part of the position.
Civil Engineer Pay & Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental Insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Company Vehicle
- Vacation Time
- An enjoyable working environment!
Civil Engineer Qualifications:
- 5 years’ experience.
- Professional Engineer stamp (current).
- Good client and communication skills, professional demeanor.
- Knowledge of earthmoving and utility infrastructure.
- The types of utilities, function, and sequence of installation.
- Estimating ability in all aspects of civil engineering and a clear understanding of the nature of civil construction, underground utilities.
- Chief estimator on all projects, direct estimators effectively and efficiently.
- Organized, thorough, and deliberate.
- Work directly with site Superintendents and foremen.
- Write, distribute, track and organize change orders.
- Solve engineering questions, concerns and issues for the client and owner and be able to articulate those solutions clearly.
- Be able to source out unusual products, research, and become knowledgeable in them.
- Solicit subcontractor estimates, create specifications and contracts for subcontractors that are awarded work.
- Familiar with the submittal process, create, track and distribute submittal logs for all projects.
- Continue existing relationships with subcontractors and suppliers, be able to negotiate prices on products and services.
- Ability to manage personnel in the engineering department (3-8 employees, technicians, and surveyors)
- Set field schedules for survey and layout teams.
- Quickly and efficiently transition ASI, RFI information from owner/architect to field staff for execution and follow up for confirmation.
- Proficient enough to manage 10-16 projects with revenue 14- 20m.
- Be able to command a team and control a meeting with staff or clients.
- Experience using “Blue Beam” and PDF writer.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing. Be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and definitively.
- Complete all project “close -out” documentation and warranties per owner's specifications.
- Oversee, approve, and submit all “as-built” plans to the owner and design team.
- Have the ability to work closely with project Civil Engineers/ GC’s and owners.
If you meet the above qualifications for our Civil Engineer postiion please apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
- civil engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment