Joe V's Smart Shop, the small Store that offers BIG savings, creates possibilities for our Customers and Partners to live a more enriched life by providing the lowest prices and highest wages. Come partner with us and combine your great customer service skills with our promise of 'lowest price, highest quality product.'
As a Scanner, you'll process Customer transactions of goods and services while providing superior customer service. You'll perform all responsibilities and job duties with a sense of ownership and a team approach.
We are looking for:
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment while keeping focused on the Customer
- dependability and attention to detail; a sense of urgency in all tasks
What is the work?
- Scans all Customer items, and handles financial transactions
- Packages groceries
- Provides superior customer service; looks for ways to go above and beyond what our Customers expect
- Answers product-related questions for Customers, and offers additional or alternative products and services
- Instructs Customers in the use of the Cash machine for cash tender
- Complies with Company food safety and sanitation expectations
- Participates with a total Store mindset
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary (within job scope), including returns, parking lot, cleaning registers, and front-end merchandising
What is your background?
- Completion of required job skills and compliance-related training
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as a Scanner?
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to identify produce
- Ability to work with Customers and stay attentive to their needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a high level of productivity standards
- Dependability, attention to detail, and sense of urgency
- Function in a fast paced, retail environment, in detailed and precise tasks
- Constantly* stand, reach at waist, grasp
- Occasionally walk, reach overhead, reach at shoulder, reach at knee, reach at floor, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, climb stairs, pivot, shoulder circumduction, twist, push / pull with arms, pinch, and use fine motor movements
- Occasionally be exposed to wet (non-weather) conditions, ambient temperature, and loud noise
- Safely maneuver around moving mechanical parts
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 35 lbs, and manage in excess of 35 lbs**
- While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as - Constantly: 5.5+ hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5 hours per 8-hour day
** It is the responsibility of each individual Partner to never lift beyond their own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.