Do you want to work for Utah’s Leader in EMS Education? KCI EMT Training is the industry’s most innovative EMT school, fostering critical thinking by using realistic scenarios.
The Instructor’s duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise the teaching assistants while at the school.
- Prepare, teach and present lectures using different presentation tools
- Exhibit an uncompromising commitment to our company as a learning-centered institution through the Institution’s mission, vision, values, core skills and learning outcomes, and delivery of instruction and services.
- Provide leadership and maintain a climate of open communication and teamwork.
- Follows lesson plans and lesson maps for a variety of EMS topics, especially those designated as focus areas for regular skills training; helps promote standardized approaches to common EMS responses by making such lesson plans and skills drill strategies available for all instructors.
- Conducts skills evaluation labs and patient management simulation scenarios; documents student performance and recommends improvement strategies where performance deficits are identified.
- Provides or assists with specialty courses such as AHA CPR and Emergency Medical
- Documents all training activities conducted, including entering rosters of participants and records of students’ performance into databases.
- Responsible to ensure all Training Assistants adhere to their schedules and report deviations to the management team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Management Team.
- Attend State Exams for your scheduled class
- Certified as an NREMT Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Higher
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Licensed EMT in the state of Utah
- Be a certified EMS Instructor/Coordinator in the state of Utah. ( If not currently certified as an Instructor, qualifying experience may be substituted, and applicant must be certifiable within 6 months of hire)
- This person will need a minimum work history of 2 years of patient-care experience at the EMT-B level or higher.
1. Education: Emergency Medical Technician (EMT or AEMT) or higher from an accredited institution of higher learning that includes course work equivalent to the uniform the job requirements.
2. Experience: Two years of EMT pre-hospital emergency and non-emergency care experience. (Utah EMT or NREMT Certified, AHA - Healthcare Provider CPR)
$20-23/hr. (based off experience / Qualification)
Qualified applicants may submit their application in hand them in at the office located at 724 S 500 W Suite 900, West Bountiful UT.
**Deadline: Applications must be turned in no later than January 31 2020 at 11:59 MST**
If selected to continue in the hiring process, applicants will be given an interview date.
Interviews will include the following:
-5 min presentation on chosen topic
-EMT psychomotor skill test based on the NREMT national guidelines.
TO APPLY - Pick up an application in person or click on link below to download. You may also visit http;//www.kciemttraining.com and click on the employment link.
Complete application and submit it along with a copy of your Resume in person at the address below.
NOTE: You may be required to upload required documents indicated in this posting at the time you apply. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload all required documents, including certified copies). If you have questions, please contact the Program Director at 385-265-2463.
*For questions or other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us!
KCI EMT Training 724 South 500 West. Suite-900 West Bountiful, Utah 84087
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $23.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Emergency Medical Technician (Required)
- Instructor or teaching experience.
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
Hours per week: