Do you have an unwavering passion and commitment to help the medically complex, persistent and chronic mentally ill patient population? Join Christiana Care and Delaware State’s first innovative intensive program designed for the individual who struggles with a behavioral health condition and in addition, may have suboptimal physical and social health. In a welcoming environment you will join a robust and dedicated interdisciplinary treatment team comprised of psychiatric behavior therapy care, chronic condition and general health treatment, and comprehensive social health evaluation and interventions. Join Christiana Care’s innovative practice model of behavioral health care and become your very best while helping those in need build resiliency for life.
Through broad knowledge and experience of social work theories and methodologies, clinical care, systems management, and community/government networks, assist complex behavioral health individuals and families in overcoming social determinants of health that negatively impact their social, emotions and physical well-being.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a comprehensive evaluation, detailing the psychosocial and environmental factors and their effects on individual health and well being
- Sites of visits may include office, home or community visits
- Partners with individuals and their families to create an individualized care plan which promotes self-management, leveraging community, regional and national support services
- Able to deal effectively individuals who may be suffering with significant psychiatric and medical conditions
- Collaborates effectively with a multi-disciplinary team in developing care plans consistent with evidence-based guidelines, in order to sustain longitudinal health
- Works closely with community health workers to execute on individualized care plan
- Adapts behaviors and goals, in a culturally competent, trauma informed manner, based upon an individual’s background, social situation, experience, and wishes.
- Effectively prioritizes clients whose situations require immediate intervention to prevent negative health outcomes
- Advocates for clients when needed, empowering them to achieve their goals, including individual and/or class inequities, inadequate or non-existent hospital and/or community resources (i.e., insurance benefits, housing, benefit applications, verification documents, etc.)
- Educates clients regarding their social, medical and emotional needs and how to navigate resources to meet these needs, including the appeal process.
- Demonstrates strong and respectful communication skills with patients, community partners and colleagues, appropriately following lines of authority via the CCHS organizational chart.
- Timely documentation in an accurate and concise manner, using proper technology, as established in department and CCHS guidelines
- Works collaboratively with outside organizations, third party payors and across the CCHS health system to insure that quality patient care is maintained and managed effectively and efficiently
- Performs performance improvement activities for the program and department, actively seeking to improve care delivery effectiveness and efficiency, outcome measures and patient satisfaction
- Demonstrates compliance with Christiana Care Health System organizational and departmental policies, procedures and mandatory educational requirements including but not limited to PEAT, safety, infection control, attendance and dress code
- Demonstrates compliance with federal regulations.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; report to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth, shares knowledge with co-workers and health care team members
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited graduate school of Social Work required.
- Five years of current, or recent experience in a health care setting; Community work preferred
- Direct experience in transition planning, insurance authorization and arranging community services for complex populations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated high level critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Ability to function as a self-directed member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of flexibility and emotional intelligence
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to effectively prioritize work assignments
- Self-directed professional with computer proficiency who demonstrates the ability to work in a collaborative and fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Social Work Theory and understanding and acceptance of Social Work Code of Ethics
- Expertise in engaging clients through Motivational Interviewing Theory
- Knowledge of Crises Intervention Theory
- Knowledge of Human Behavior and Developmental/Life Cycle Theory
- Knowledge of community resources, state and federal programs
- Knowledge of individual group and family therapy
- Ability to exercise judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to respond to emergency situations according to policy, guidelines, procedures or protocol
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, active Delaware licensure, in good standing
- Must be eligible to for licensure in Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- Certified Care Manager (CCM) required within 18 months of eligible date
- Current driver license and transportation vehicle required
Job Requisition #46856BR
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Wilmington Hospital, Wilmington, Delaware.
This 241-bed, 622,100-square-foot facility includes an emergency department and helipad, and is supported by specialized centers for rehabilitation, advanced joint replacement, women's health, pediatrics, behavioral health and memory disorders. This location also offers diagnostic imaging, lab services and an on-site surgicenter. The Wilmington Hospital campus serves as Christiana Care's corporate headquarters and includes the Wilmington Annex, which hosts adolescent health services, an HIV program, a Community Health Access Program and the Wilmington Family Medical Center.
Job Type: Full-time
- health care or community work: 5 years (Preferred)
- social work: 5 years (Preferred)