The Practice Manager oversees one or more medical practice offices enabling the practice to carry out its daily work and patient care effectively and efficiently. Responsible for financial oversight, scheduling and assigning work, resolving problems, collecting data, implementing goals and carrying an assigned workload or filling in as necessary. Identifies problems and recommends solutions. This position requires excellent communication/interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, providers, vendors and staff. This position will oversee Manchester Cardiology Office and Tolland Orthopedics Office.
Associates Degree in Business Management or Healthcare Administration and 7-10 years medical office experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
7-10 years experience in a physician practice with at least 5 years in a management/supervisory role.
Employee relation experience preferred
PCMH experience preferred
Proven working knowledge of medical practice management and operations.
Ability to compile data from various sources and to analyze and interpret the data in order to provide alternatives and make recommendations.
Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Ability to manage multiple priorities and to manage projects from initiation to completion within prescribed schedules and utilization of resources.
Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function in stressful situations. Utilizes critical thinking skills sound judgment in priority setting and delegation.
Demonstrates strong problem solving skills and resolution and follow-through on issues that may arise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Models the efficient operation of the office by scheduling and assigning work, resolving processing problems, collecting data to monitor progress, and carrying an assigned workload or filling in as necessary.
2. Implements and monitors departmental goals and objectives for the office.
3. Provide financial oversight to the office including monthly POC meetings with senior management and providers.
4. Analyzes needs and develops recommendations in order to align with the strategic direction of the organization.
5. Ensures that all staff members communicate and interact with patients in a courteous, respectful, and businesslike manner.
6. Holds staff accountable for customer service standards; intercedes and takes appropriate action when incidents occur.
7. Implements individual performance expectations and completes all aspects of employee performance appraisals and reviews.
8. Interviews candidates and makes hiring decisions. Orients new hires and provides on-going training and education to staff, utilizing in-house documented office and clinical policies and procedures.
9. Handles employee performance and disciplinary issues, including termination.
10. Coaches and mentors employees to be successful in contributing to the achievement of individual and office objectives.
11. Maintain and adjust staff schedules to compliment practice provider schedules. Processes time worked/attendance for office staff. Manages and coordinates vacation and personal time off to ensure minimum disruption of practice operations.
12. Maintains effective, positive customer service relationships by responding to customer needs, resolving conflicts, and educating employees on customer service.
13. Effectively and continually communicates with the staff, management, and customers to facilitate the flow of information necessary to the success of the employees and the office.
14. Promotes teamwork within the practice through timely and collaborative communication with medical staff.
15. Actively seeks opportunities to model teamwork through collaboration both within and outside the office in support of the organization's objectives.
16. Conducts monthly staff meetings to discuss issues, concerns, improvement initiatives, and promote teamwork.
17. Conducts quarterly provider and clinical staff meetings to improve patient care.
18. Oversees building and equipment maintenance, maintains appropriate inventories.
19. May assist with oversight of other offices when necessary.