We are a huge European company, looking to expand our footprint in the US where we currently have a $100 million business. Are you a progressive leader who can champion ideas, drive results, and work across cultures? Do you have a management experience in a technology call center environment? If you do, and you're looking to grow, come grow with us!
1&1 IONOS, Inc. is a subsidiary of United Internet, a profitable, publicly held German company with a market cap of over $8 billion. 1&1 IONOS's North American headquarters is located in Chesterbrook, PA, a Philadelphia suburb. 1&1 IONOS is known for its comprehensive and affordable Internet products - its unique business model positions it as a one-stop-shop for web solutions. From domain registration to web hosting, site creation, technical support and cutting edge technology, 1&1 offers users every available resource to easily and affordably create and maintain an optimal online presence. Founded in 1988, 1&1 IONOS is a global leader among web hosting providers. Internationally, 1&1 maintains more than 13 million customer contracts with both consumer and business users and the 1&1 group manages over of 19 million domain name worldwide. It also operates 5 highly-secure, green data centers housing more than 70,000 servers. 1&1 has grown since it introduced its distinctive approach to the U.S. market in October of 2003. Since the launch of its complete product line in the US, 1&1 has become one of the premiere web hosting companies serving the US market; making it one of the country's top 5 web hosting companies. In September 2008, 1&1 opened a state of the art 55,000 square foot data center in Lenexa, Kansas.
The Head of US Customer Care/OPS will be responsible for leading the US revenue stream and customer care for 1&1 IONOS's hosting products. S/he will lead a team of managers and department heads , with the goal of driving outstanding service and increasing value for our customers. S/he will be agile and able to translate international strategy into the unique US markets. With overall responsibility for US customer care and revenue, s/he will create a strong commitment from our teammates to drive sales while maintaining a strong bond with our headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of managers for all customer care aspects of the US Customer Service, including both service and sales functions.
- Utilize data to uncover insights and trends, develop actionable metrics and improvement plans based on the analysis.
- Direct multiple groups on strategy and insights, ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Monitor sales and service KPIs and report on performance against plan
- Set targets and incentive structure for customer experience and revenue programs
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication and cohesive team effort.
- Delegate appropriate tasks and deadlines.
- Collaborate with management team in US, offshore and Germany for a strategic focus
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 7 years of Customer Service management experience with demonstrated strong customer focus, patience and ability to understand the customer.
- 3+ years' supervisory experience managing other managers, including coaching & development.
- Deep knowledge of the managed sub-functions and solid knowledge of the overall departmental functions of a contact center and hosting/company products
- Strong spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level with computer applications and Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Access etc.).
- Proficiency with computer applications and spreadsheets as well as presenting and clearly explaining data is required.
- Strong work ethic and motivational drive as this position requires the ability to multitask effectively in a demanding work environment and meet simultaneous deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasion skills to effectively interact with all levels of personnel.
- Advanced degree, such as MBA, JD, master's or doctorate.
- Bi- or multi-lingual, German, Spanish or other(s).
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The ability to predictably and regularly attend work and to be punctual.
The ability to read and understand documents and drawings.
The ability to work cooperatively with others.
The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and/or coworkers.
The ability to perform several tasks at once.
The ability to follow direction or instruction.
The ability to use a computer and telephone for extended periods of time to communicate, create, and access information.
The ability to regularly sit or stand for extended periods of time
The ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%
**1&1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected by law.**