Description Harry & David is looking for a student interested Digital Marketing and User Experience for our Ecommerce Website for a paid Summer 2018 internship at our Medford, OR location. Our internship offers the chance to join one of Jackson County's premier employers and apply their education and experience in a practical setting.
The Intern will be heavily involved in building out and updating some exicting new Merchandising and product selection programs.
Major responsibilities of the internship position are listed below. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
- Support product development, internal and external; assortment planning; and profitability goals of the department providing timely analyses and accurate reporting.
- Support Merchandise Managers in communicating related product information to all cross functional partners (Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, Product Development).
- Independently manage an area of the business; lead assortment planning, pricing, cost negotiations, and all channel placement through the entire product lifecycle.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate actions to remove low contributing products from the assortment.
- Ensure company and vendor deadlines are met through timely communication and asset acquisition (photo samples, product information, enclosures, product tasting samples).
- Partner with inventory management team to assure that products are delivered in a timely manner to minimize out of stocks and lost sales.
- Manage all system requirements, including assortment planning, item set ups, product information, price changes, others as needed.
- Track and evaluate expiring merchandise; prepare recommendations for appropriate action to resolve immediate issues, and eliminate expiring product in the future.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of key competitor's product and promotional trends and best merchandising practices in catalog, online, and direct marketing channels.
- Manage vendor relationships and external partner communication.
- Update job knowledge by participating in conferences, trade shows, and educational opportunities as appropriate; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working towards BS or BA in Merchandising, Business other related fields
- Junior level student (or above) currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- 0-1 years related experience in project management or coordination.
- Ability to analyze reports and draw conclusions/ recommendations
- Strong coordination skills, ability to multi-task and manage to a deadline
- Ability to work with multiple teams, vendors, partners and management
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, particularly in Excel required.
- Strong presentation skills required. Must be comfortable speaking to large groups of people and with all levels of management.
- Prior experience in human resources or e-commerce is nice to have
About Us Harry & David is a leading gourmet gift company and a top 100 Internet Retailer. With a 75-year reputation for genuine farm-to-table freshness and unsurpassed quality, Harry & David is legendary for products such as the Fruit-of-the-Month Club® gifts, Royal Riviera® Pears, Oregold® Peaches, and Moose Munch® gourmet caramel popcorn made exclusively in our own confectionery.
Why Harry & David? We are the nation's foremost purveyor of gourmet fruit and food gifts through our premier direct marketing and e-commerce techniques. We offer a great corporate culture, competitive salary, and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision. If you love our gourmet food as much as we do, you will also enjoy our generous employee discount on all of our delectable Harry & David products.
Harry & David is part of the 1-800-Flowers.com Family of Brands (www.1800flowers.com).