GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and committed to being their personal best.
As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings family.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started. All candidates must complete an on-line application to be considered.
THE BRANDS OF NCLH
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
www.ncl.com www.oceaniacruises.com www.rssc.com
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Surveillance Operator is responsible for observing, recording and reporting observations relevant to the safety and security of the ship, passengers, and crew.
- Protect the company's assets and to assist the onboard and shore side management in ensuring the safety and security of the passengers, crew, and ship.
- Observe and report 'live' surveillance while walking around the ship in both passenger and crew areas, as well as listening to any comments passengers or crew may have to offer.
- Have a well-developed understanding of the operation and management of CCTV recording and monitoring equipment.
- Conduct real time monitoring of Ship/passenger/crew Safety and Security, and compliance with SEMS and other policies and procedures.
- Immediately report to the bridge any real time security and safety observations that may place the ship, passengers, or crew in jeopardy.
- Conduct retrospective reviews of incidents or accidents relating to the ship/crew/passengers.
- Undertake reviews and complete reports of injury cases reported by the Security Officer.
- Assist the Surveillance Manager in completing audits and risk assessments of outlet stock movements and sales.
- Be familiar with and conduct audits of the Micros/Fidelio or any other computer generated accounting Systems.
- Monitor and record safety drills.
- Monitor and record bunkering, storage, and baggage handling activities.
- Monitor and record tender operations.
- Monitor and record red zone operations.
- Monitor and record port time operations with special emphasis on compliance with Vessel Security Plan.
- Complete a daily log with details including red zone operations, tender operations, embarkation and disembarkation processes, and communications to and from the bridge and any other departments, and observations that may result in more specific reports.
- Make recommendations to the Surveillance Manager concerning improvements to camera coverage and efficient use of the surveillance system.
- Assist and train other camera/system users such as officers from the bridge and engine control room.
- Use surveillance cameras for operational purposes only.
- Report any inappropriate use of surveillance cameras by other users.
- Report any interference with or altering of surveillance camera positions.
- Have a good understanding of emergency duties, safety rules, ship's organization, and duty requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge and experience with the games offered by the casino is required.
- Minimum of one year experience as a casino dealer is required; or have a minimum of one year's experience within the surveillance field in connection with a hotel or casino environment, or equivalent.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian celebrates a corporate history of industry firsts, including being the first cruise line to offer weekly departures to the Caribbean from Miami and the first to offer youth-specific onboard programs and also onboard WiFi. In an ever-changing world, Norwegian remains a leader in the industry for providing premium guest experiences on cruises across the globe. Nobody does it better. Norwegian introduced Freestyle Cruising, which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility on a relaxed, resort-style cruise vacation. Our award-winning fleet of purpose-built ships – the youngest and most innovative at sea –visits more than 230 destinations worldwide.
As our company adds new destinations, itineraries and ships, there are wonderful opportunities for new crew to join our family!
We’ll proudly welcome Norwegian Bliss to our fleet in Summer 2018, with several more vessels are scheduled through 2025. Recently, Norwegian was named “Europe’s Leading Cruise Line” for the ninth consecutive year, as well as “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line” for the fourth time and “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” for the fifth year by the World Travel Awards. Norwegian Cruise Line is officially listed on the NYSE, trading under the ticker symbol “NCLH” (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, Ltd).
Read more about Norwegian on our website:
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.