Heidler, Inc. is looking for a licensed, experienced plumber for residential and commercial underground water & sewer service repair, installation, and maintenance, for a full-time position.
The Utility Supervisor is responsible for performing skilled technical work in the installation, diagnosis, repair, replacement and maintenance of underground water systems and sanitary sewer systems, while following national, state, and local plumbing and gas codes. The Utility Supervisor must be an authority as related to sewer work, drain cleaning, sewer camera & locator work, excavation & trenching, hydro-jetting, water service repairs/replacements, sewer service repairs/replacements, and other items that fall under the utility department’s scope of work. Must be able to expertly operate backhoe, mini-excavator, and walk-behind trencher.
The Utility Supervisor will be required to provide estimates to be turned into formal proposals, speak to other employees to obtain necessary information about utility related situations and to advise those employees on how to proceed, and to coach employees about issues related to utility work (as outlined above). The Utility Supervisor is responsible for the training and safety of apprentices on their job sites, and is involved in hands-on work excavating, operating equipment, and making repairs/replacements to water and sewer lines in the field.
As a Heidler, Inc. employee, you will work independently at customer’s homes and businesses, representing the company. We value dependability, attention to detail, flexibility in dealing with varying task types/environments, and people who want to provide exceptional customer service.
- 401(k) Safe Harbor
- Company Vehicle w/ Fuel Card
- Company Phone
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- On Call (Extra Pay & Schedule Flexibility)
- Overtime (Extra Pay)
- Continued Education & Training Opportunities
- Verizon Wireless Contractor Discount
- Direct Deposit of Weekly Pay
- CDL Driver’s License & Clean Driving Record
- Journeyman/Master Plumber License (State of MD)
- Backflow Certification
- Pass Criminal Background Check & Drug/Alcohol Testing
- Available to Work Full-Time Monday-Friday, 8a - 4:30p (with overtime/on call as necessary)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 - $45.00 per hour
- utility foreman: 2 years (Preferred)
- plumbing: 4 years (Required)
- management: 1 year (Preferred)
- excavation: 2 years (Required)
- hydro-jetting: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Anne Arundel County, MD (Required)
- Backflow Certification (Required)
- CDL (Required)
- Journeyman or Master Plumbing License (Required)
- Are you willing to undergo drug/alcohol screening in accordance with local laws and regulations?