RN Case Manager, Full Time-18000610
Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Care for patients one-on-one in home environment with flexibility in scheduling
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more
Professional development to build skills and opportunities to advance
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home and commitment to clinical excellence
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
Primary LocationUnited States-Tennessee-Elizabethton
What You Will Do:
As a Case Manager and as the key registered nurse on the patient care team, you will coordinate, supervise and manage the clinical care to patients from admission to discharge for patients in their home. You will develop, implement, coordinate and evaluate patient specific care plans according to physician orders and provide one on one nursing care and treatment to patients.
- Performs the role of clinical episode management to include oversight of clinical tracks and clinical outcomes; manages multidisciplinary care coordination on caseload from admission to discharge
- Assess, evaluate, develop, implement and communicate the progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines.
- Provides supervision and evaluation of aides and nurses
- Leads discussions on multidisciplinary patient care cases as appropriate
- Communicates and collaborates with all members of the patient care team; physicians, family members and community resources to achieve and maintain continuity of patient care
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience as a registered nurse (RN)
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to perform patient visits.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Acute care experience as a registered nurse with the adult population in a medical – surgical setting
- Previous home health or hospice experience
- Knowledge and experience using the Oasis assessment tools in the homecare setting
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
- 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
- Continuing education
- Fleet car for eligible employees