With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As a part of Sales, you’ll put our customers at the heart of our business. By building strong relationships with every customer, big or small, you’ll help Mondelēz International become the supplier of choice and ensure we deliver world-class execution of our business plans in every store.
An internship within Mondelēz International Sales & Customer Logistics organization is generally a 10-12 week assignment. The assignment, which closely mirrors experiences of a Nabisco Sales Representative, will provide a realistic preview of the Sales Representative's responsibilities and is geared towards developing knowledge of the Mondelēz International Field Sales & Customer Logistics organization. Individuals are exposed to sales (selling and merchandising), logistics, account teams, and human resources while growing the necessary skills to work independently and also function successfully as part of a team. Each intern is assigned a supervisor who designates projects, answers questions and provides guidance. Throughout the summer, the intern will be assessed on overall performance, including project management, and personal leadership skills.
- Develop a knowledge of Mondelez products, sales systems and procedures including proper merchandising, sources of product and distribution, space management programs and uses, sales campaigns and promotions, sales brochures and order guides, and sales presentations
- Positively influence the sale of Mondelez products by exploiting selling opportunities at the store level consistent with company programs and strategies
- Maintain a timely and accurate call schedule.
- Secure store-level support on special promotions, seasonal items, special product bookings and new items.
- Meet or exceed all shelving standards and ensure inventory needs are met.
- Develop strong business relationships with store management.
- Monitor and report on competitive activity and document all pricing activities.
- Provide order writing support on territories for Sales Representatives absent due to vacation or other reasons.
- Complete administrative reporting responsibilities.
- Provide specific feedback to Mondelez personnel while covering a Sales Representatives territory.
- Professionally represent the Mondelez organization, acting in accordance with company business standards and managing financial activities in an ethical manner.
- Present a project on customer or industry topics to senior management at end of summer.
- Identify and communicate individual store problems and opportunities to the appropriate Mondelez personnel.
Mondelēz International is an employer of inclusion who partners with diversity groups which cater to people of all ethnicities, genders, ages and sexual orientations. Mondelēz International also works with military veterans to help hire our heroes who have served our nation, as well as partner with disability networks to include people of all abilities to help the company succeed for years to come.
Benefits and Compensation:
This position is a paid internship, but does not offer a benefit package, bonus incentives, or company provided vehicles/housing.