Exempt Overtime Eligible:
The HR Events & Education program seeks to provide quality professional development and events that promote the well-being and development of the Caltech community. The HR Events & Education Coordinator will be responsible for supporting and implementing programs and services for the Institute that engage and support members of the Caltech community. The position will report to the Lead Education Consultant and be a member of the HR Events & Education Team.
- Coordinate details of campus events and programs such as new hire orientation, service awards programs, Take Our Children to Work Day, United Way Campaign, Family Night, and other designated programs
- Engage in event coordination activities such as booking talent, musicians, bands, disc jockeys, selecting chefs or catering companies to prepare food for events, and venue selection
- Responsible for all budgets related to events and educational programming
- Schedule speakers, vendors, and participants for educational and professional development events
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
- Initiate, coordinate and/or participates in all efforts to publicize events and programs
- Coordinate, design, and edit invitations, marketing, and promotional materials that publicize events and programs as well as update website
- Prepare presentations and other educational materials
- Recruit and manage volunteers for events
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Close out all events as required
- Keep inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials
- Provide general office support including answering phones for HR Events & Education, respond to inquiries on events, training, and worklife seminars
- Administrative support for HR Events & Education including reconciling monthly charge cards, reviewing and making suggestions to streamline processes
- File tuition reimbursement paperwork
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1 year of events coordination experience
- Minimum of 1 year of administrative experience
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience
- Skilled in collaborating among various groups and contributors
- Ability to foresee and proactively solve problems
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 or more years of events coordination experience in a higher education setting
- Experience with content management systems or web publishing software
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://hr.caltech.edu/work/job_openings
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency