Job Title: Controller
Date: July 28, 2020
Department: Finance Department
Location: Colorado Springs/ Pueblo Area
The Controller is responsible for the financial policies, procedures, controls, and financial reporting for the Company. The position requires knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). The Controller is a key member of the organization’s leadership team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all aspects of the accounting operations including daily cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger maintenance, and account reconciliations.
- Prepares financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule in accordance with GAAP reporting.
- Provides management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Responsible for regulatory reporting, including local business and payroll taxes.
- Facilitate the company's annual financial audit.
- Establish and maintain internal controls.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Advanced Excel skills and comprehension
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Deadline Oriented
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
This position supervises department employees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- University diploma in accounting or a related subject, CPA preferred
- 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in financial management.
- Managerial experience.
Work Zone Traffic Control, LLC is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Financial Management: 7 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 7 years (Preferred)
- A valid CPA CMA or other related accounting designation (Required)