Application Deadline: August 1, 2020
FarmersWagon.org is a non-profit organization that works to ensure access to fresh locally-sourced food via an online farm-to-door market that offers products from local food producers delivered directly to your door. The volunteer-based project started in March 2020 as a response to dwindling supply chains due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The project’s mission is funded by retail sales, with 70% of the online market’s NET profits committed to providing care packages for local households.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant Intern to plan, coordinate, and execute a variety of tasks and projects. In this role, the candidate will have the opportunity to gain real-world experience in the Executive and Administrative sectors of a non-profit organization. Our internship will give the candidate an opportunity to assist with various tasks in the areas of marketing, business development, and research. Our Fall Internship Program is from September 8, 2020, to December 11, 2020. Full-time applicants are preferred, part-time applicants are also welcomed.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Attend regular meetings with Executive
- Act as a proxy in low-risk meetings
- Screen email and handle low-risk responses
- Develop/manage filing systems and workflow
- Manage personal & professional calendars/appointments
- Gather needed research, data, and materials for appointments
- Screen calls and monitor meetings
- Take notes at meetings and follow up with attendees on deliverables
- Keep a master chart/list/calendar of projects and deadlines
- Update their own project chart/list/calendar
- Coordinate with third-party vendors
- Handle online purchases/returns/service issues
- Take on personal and professional errands
- Create/update a “best practices” system for assisting Executive
- Help with low-risk project deliverables
- Able to be organized, confident, and comfortable with remote work.
- Ability to take direction for projects and tasks of varying levels of complexity.
- Be able to work on a project from start-to-finish or jump into a project that has already been started.
- Be comfortable in sharing and articulating ideas and opinions in a professional setting.
- A problem-solver who’s able to work independently the majority of the time.
- Very proficient in G Suite, Cloud-based storage systems (Google Drive, iCloud, Dropbox, etc.), and Keynote.
- Great communication skills.
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks, projects, and deliverables.
- Must be available a minimum of 3 days a week.
- 1-2 years Executive Assistant or related experience.
- Spelling, Grammar, and Typing.
- Experience using Grammarly
- Ability to work at a fast pace and respond effectively to changing requests.
This is an unpaid internship that offers College credit (where applicable) and an opportunity to be a part of a team that focuses on serving our neighbors and ensuring that everyone has access to fresh foods.
FarmerWagon.org offers a digital-by-default workspace with most of its teams working from home. Currently, our volunteer delivery drivers are the only team active in the field. Our standard operating hours are 8 AM to 8 PM EDT Monday through Saturday, with office hours between 8 AM and 5 PM Monday through Friday.
Job Type: Internship
FarmerWagon.org offers a digital-by-default workspace with most of its teams working from home. Currently, our volunteer delivery drivers are the only team active in the field.
- Personal Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Executive Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- nonprofit: 1 year (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page: