Bookkeeper Position Summary
The Bookkeeper will work to ensure the smooth internal operations of the organization through, among other things, maintenance of the accounting systems, office infrastructure, information systems and reporting. The Bookkeeper position requires someone whose passion for Youth UpRising’s vision is matched with experience, exceptional organizational skills, keen attention to detail, high standards and a strong work ethic.
Provide general bookkeeping support including but not limited to:
· Work in conjunction with the Director of Finance as a liaison between YU, outsourced accounting firm and vendors
· Produce monthly grant billing
· Maintain and reconcile various schedules
· Process bi-weekly youth payroll. Ensure appropriate forms and approvals associated with payroll, including staff time sheets, are completed accurately and on-time
· Prepare various payment request forms
· Ensure proper invoice coding
· Generate monthly vendor invoices
· Organize, reconcile and maintain all logs and transactions on a monthly basis
· Clerical assistance with invoicing (creation, processing, digital and hard copy files, etc.)
· Organize and prepare invoices and request forms for transmission to outside bookkeeping service
· Maintain contract documents
· Make bank deposits
· Other duties as needed and assigned.
· ACCOUNTING CLERICAL EXPERIENCE – At least 3 years accounts receivable/payable experience in the nonprofit sector required. Proficient in Excel and all Microsoft Office applications. Completion of accounting coursework preferred. Applicants who possess grant billing and payroll processing experience strongly encouraged to apply.
· IMPECCABLE ETHICAL INTEGRITY – Highest levels of personal and professional integrity with an ability to maintain confidential information concerning personal, financial or medical matters.
· ORGANIZATION – Well organized, detailed and creative problem solver with consistent follow- up and follow-through skills.
· DETAIL ORIENTATION – Motivated to complete basic and routine tasks. Ability to enter data with speed and accuracy. Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
· STRONG COMMUNICATION SKILLS – Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the demonstrated ability to research, assimilate and analyze information, compose documents, and present data in a clear and concise manner to appropriate personnel.
· Valid driver’s license required.
Start Date: Immediate Opportunity. Applications accepted until position is filled.
How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter include "Bookkeeper" -- [Your Name]" in the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Excel: 3 years (Required)
- Bookkeeping: 3 years (Required)
- Nonprofit: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Have you completed accounting coursework?