Part-timeEstimated: $38,000 - $54,000 a year
- Data Entry
- Medical Terminology
- Customer Service
- High School Diploma or GED
Full Job Description
The DIC Registration Associate performs a variety of registration and reception and duties in support of outpatient access to diagnostic imaging center services.
1. Performs patient registration duties at time of appointment:
- Greets patients and collects required demographic, insurance and referral information.
- Enters data into department computer system.
- Obtains appropriate signatures on medical, legal and financial forms.
- Verifies insurance coverage, referral and pre-certification information with third party carriers for scheduled appointment/procedure.
- Provides patients with pertinent information related to appointment and benefits coverage/financial responsibility.
- Directs patients to appropriate areas following registration.
2. Reviews patient registration records to ensure accuracy of demographic, insurance and financial information, as required.
3. Performs various receptionist duties and maintains reception area.
4. Responds to and resolves patient questions and issues, as needed. Informs management of complex registration issues, as needed.
5. Collects and distributes needed information, records and reports, as required.
6. Performs related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Previous customer service experience, required.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, required.
- Data entry skills (80 keystrokes per minute), required.
- Medical terminology knowledge, preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively.