At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world's top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Foothill Ranch, Irvine, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, Boise, Seoul, and Parksville, Canada are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
We have big plans for the next generation of visual realism at 60 fps. If you are an experienced graphics software engineer who is smart and passionate, can design, develop and maintain C / C++ code and HLSL shaders; has a strong math background, and are driven by the pursuit of excellence, we would like to hear from you!
As a Graphics Software Engineer, you will work with engineers, and lighting, tech and character artists to develop real-time rendering systems, shaders and techniques that will shape the look of the next WWE2K games. From advanced features for expanding the possibilities and limits of what we can achieve within a frame, to visual effects, lighting, performance and UI, you'll play a part in all aspects of the rendered image in the final game.
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications.
- Develop shaders and techniques to advance the visual quality of all aspects of the game
- Invent techniques to preview and troubleshoot various parts of the game
- Participate in system-wide upgrade initiatives to keep our rendering tech cutting-edge
- 1+ years' experience as a Software Engineer, designing and writing real-time graphics code
- Experience with HLSL / GLSL shader development
- Understanding of 3D graphics, associated math, rendering algorithms
- Understanding of real-time graphics performance techniques, trade-offs and optimizations
- Proficient in C / C++
- Love for video games (not just ours!)
- Experience with modern game rendering techniques
- Familiarity with sports entertainment and the WWE
- Problem solver, innovator, pioneer
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $60,000 and $110,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com